1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Will Gargoyles be able to fly over water...not needing a boat?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Adder_Atl, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Adder_Atl

Adder_Atl Guest

Just wondering...maybe this was answered already at the town hall or on here. But the question just popped in as I was looking at the new SA site, as thier first attribute listed it flying.

Just me 2gp
  2. PsychoKinetic

PsychoKinetic Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

May 24, 2008
    For now, you should look at gargoyle's flying ability to be the same as a human or elf being on a mount. The same limitations will apply.
  3. If Gargoyles could fly over trees, houses, oceans, obstacles, at mounted speed at that, imagine what an insurmountable, irreconciliable, impossible advantage that would give in PvP. Every PvPer would be a Gargoyle.
  4. MYUO

MYUO Guest

Well, they didn't mention the gargoyles can hold still in the air so I would assume they still need a boat if they need to stop in the middle of the water.

Seriously, I doubt garoyles can fly over water, mountain, houses, trees, auction house counter, the barrier at Lord British castle... pvp community won't allow it, plus it could open up so many ways to exploit.
  5. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

Jun 4, 2008
    Right, basically you will be able to fly places other races can't but that will only exist in new areas of the game where they can maintain control and balance between the races without screwing everything up.
  6. Sir_Bolo

Sir_Bolo Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Mar 17, 2003
    Reading the SA site carefully, it seems that gargoyles will not be able to fly over water:

We'll see.
  7. Coppelia

Coppelia Guest

Could Gargoyles have lazors please? pew pew!
  8. AesSedai

AesSedai Guest

- pew pew!

Dang Coppelia, us'a just cracked me up!
    It has been a long time since I have laughed out loud from reading here (maybe I haven't been hitting the right threads?)
    Anyway :bowdown:
  9. Felonious Monk

Stratics Veteran

Jul 8, 2006
    Sky pilot how high can you fly........?
    What IS the elevation cap?
    It probably is'nt set yet.
  10. RedRum

RedRum Sage
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    While at the Seattle Town Hall, Jeremy looked puzzled when asked about the gargoyles flying over water and took it as a look-up. She said she would find out for sure and get back to us on it. If you were to listen to the WRR stream on the townhall, you might get more info than what I can remember about the Gargoyles ability to fly over water (I didn't take notes).