1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Tech Help] will i ever be able to go full screen or max window on 1280x800?

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by aarons6, Sep 7, 2009.

1. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

on my laptop i have to drop my screen size to 1280x768. to get the game to fit in the screen.

i cant play because the mouse is about 1/4 inch away from the area i am clicking..

im not sure how to fix this. on my desktop the screen is 1440x900 and works fine..

2. csagent108

csagent108 Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

I have this same issue with my mouse pointer not lining up where it needs to be. The client seems to run ok and I wish I could use it because I like the new features. I have to hover my mouse about 1/8 to 1/4 inch below the icon, button, or item I need in order for it to highlight and be clickable. Totally unplayable. I thought I was the only one with this problem.

From what you said, I also think it may be an issue with my resolution. I use a laptop with a 12 inch screen and also am running 1280x800. Not ideal for gaming, I know, but I travel a lot so this will be my only computer. So for now all I can use is the legacy client. Hopefully there's a way to fix it.

3. Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger Guest

The problem is the aspect ratio, I think somewhere in one of the SA files is a place you can change the aspect ratio.

4. JPDefault

JPDefault Guest

Initially I had the same problem (my laptop runs at 1280x800 too), but I fixed it by disabling the window frame from the options menu.

5. EnigmaMaitreya

EnigmaMaitreya Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Just curious, when you say full screen are you meaning Full Screen as in hitting Alt+Enter and having no boarders?

OR

Are you meaning Full Screen as in hitting the ICON that maximizes the screen.

If it is the latter then one of the EA/Mythic people were looking/asking if the Border being on was causing the mouse to be offset. Which is what JPDefault is addressing.

6. Willard

Willard Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Had the same problem. By setting to Full Screen and No window frames it worked correctly.
    The enhanced client takes some getting used to,,but once you figure it out--it is a real pleasure to use and so much more functional than the clasic client.

7. csagent108

csagent108 Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Thank you everyone for the help. The mouse lines up perfectly now :thumbup: