1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

will my plants grow...

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Eslake, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Eslake

Eslake Guest

I know they grow in your pack, the pack of a bug you're mounted on, your bank, and as lockdowns in general.

But what about Locked down containers in the house? The plants in them become "Locked Down" so.. I would think they'll grow, but I've never tried it.

*Just hate to wait 2 days to find out and find out I've wasted those 2 days* ;)

2. Tamais

Tamais Lake Austin Reporter
    Reporter Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron Editor

I have always grown my plants just locked down in my house. I'm not sure about having them in a locked down container. Seems to me i read that if you do that it works the same as having them in your backpack. I'll go start a couple just to see what happens.

3. UO Relic

UO Relic Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

locked down in house grow daily

in chars backpack - grow only on days u log that char in, otherwise no growth

in bugs pack - would think this would be same as player but dont remember if i tried

in bank - seem to remember trying this and they didnt grow had to take out of bank

4. TandaBSK

TandaBSK Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

In a locked down or secured container you can make them "dormant" they no longer grow. So if you have live resource plants for example with seeds and you want to store 1 item instead of 8 you leave the seeds on the plant and stick them in a lock down or secured house container, your bank I believe is also a place to make them dormant.

I haven't grown plants in ages, because the 16 day of every day log in to tend got to be too much to maintain. I do know that in lockdowns they "hibernate" as I still have a plant of each variety with 8 active seeds stored and at least 20 of each resource plant with seeds on them. Just in case I ever get the gardening bug again.