1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Will there be a FoF today?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Marcus Blackwell, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Will there be a Five on Friday today or will that start back up next Friday?

2. Nine Dark Moons

Nine Dark Moons Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

i didn't even realize they were still even doing them...

3. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I'd guess no, since at best they're just getting back to work today (though my guess would be they have today off as well).

4. K'torr

K'torr Guest

Why bother, don't tell you $#! anyway.

5. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

no

from FoF Dec 19

"
    [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]This is the last FoF of the year, the next one will be in 2009"

~ edit ~~ duh...... it *is* 2009..... so maybe :D

now where did I put that coffee pot............
    [/FONT]

6. Flora Green

Flora Green Guest

Aren't they on vacation until Monday?

7. Fox (Europa)

Fox (Europa) Guest

If you can answer 'yes' to any of these questions then there will be no FoF...

Is there a holiday within three months of today?
    Is there a townhall event within three months of today?
    Is there anything at all happening in DAoC within the next three months?
    Are there the wrong kind of leaves on the lines? (UK railway in-joke).
    Does UO share a customer rep with any other game?
    Does the customer rep have the painter's in?

Fox

8. Oriana

Oriana Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Joanne stated several times...they will be back to work on Monday. Let them have their break. sheesh

9. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Its a New Year! They are starting it off the way they intend carrying on!

:shots:

10. deadite

deadite Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend It's My Birthday

Mythic's ill-treatment of DAoC is almost comical. I keep up with the news since I played that game for several years, and lemme tell you... it's like DAoC doesn't even exist anymore to Mythic. There's NOTHING.

We actually have it pretty good here. WAR gets the lionshare of attention, but UO is getting a LOT more communication than DAoC is right now.

I used to love Mythic... back when DAoC was their big game and Sanya was around. They have really gone to hell since that stupid WAR game came along.

11. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

It's too bad there haven't been any good stats lately to chew on over subscription numbers - last I saw was from GamerDNA, but it's a pretty biased sample. But if it was accurate, it would mean WAR had a sharp drop-off after peaking at around a million subscriptions. That still leaves them several times more resources to play with than UO and DaoC combined, but it would have suits looking around nervously for a plan B.

12. Silly Seadog

Stratics Veteran It's My Birthday

Arrrr, methinks I done fixed it fer ya!

13. Demonous

Demonous Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010

jeez what lazy people that work for EA...

december 26th = NOT A HOLIDAY
    january 2nd = NOT A HOLIDAY

the people could do the fof from their home for all i care, their job is to serve the community, when your profession revolves around a large group of people, your number 1 priority is them, wayyyyyyyyy to long of a vacation for EA members and i hope they read this and take note for next year

14. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I can't imagine how we get a reputation within the MMO industry as a rabid player base.

15. Silly Seadog

Stratics Veteran It's My Birthday

Arrrr, the foamin' at me mouth be from me rum! Really it be!!

16. HD2300

HD2300 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

The key in any online game is to increase or maintain subscriptions. I read somewhere that WAR is ~250K subscribers now. My hunch is that they will be down to 1/2 that by the end of Feb. It is because there is room for only one online fantasy PvP game because it is a small niche market.

17. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

we had 2-3 weeks of total silence for one day, Thanksgiving

now we have another 2-3 of total silence for 2 days, Christmas and New Year

so 4-6 weeks of "nothing to report" while there are bug reports flowing in like crazy and dozens and dozens of severe stability and balance issues affecting the game.

of course, barely a peep out of them about any of it. we better be getting a huge balance/bug fix publish by the end of January. there's enough content to keep everyone occupied for a month. please stop adding new potions and crap.

good thing they had time for Christmas gifts and snow otherwise half of Trammel would have quit the game.

18. Joanne_Mythic

VIP Stratics Veteran

Sorry gang, I should of been more specific but there isn't a Five on Friday this week, everyone is still on a much deserved holiday.

There will be one next week though, so don't forget to send in your questions! :)

19. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

No FoF, so what? Just be happy that they even answer any questions on most fridays. Specially with some peoples attitudes here.

20. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

all you have to do is read the forum for 5 minutes and you could make a 50 on Friday. I'm not sending in anything. the big issues are right here out in the open.

usually the FoF has a bunch of pretty small time information. most of the questions could easily be answered on a daily basis. the FoF should tackle big questions that everyone has. kinda like the President's weekly radio address. no need to that's easy for any Vet player to answer right here.

I have to say the player run events is a very good feature of the FoF.

here's an example of a bad question for the FoF

and a good one

21. shanshu

shanshu Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Even better, is the slime quest working as intended? It's been 10 days and no color changes.

Now I know you read this post Regina, so please answer this question now. I don't want to have to wait until next Friday for confirmation that it's broken.

22. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

Don't hurt yourself, patting yourself on the back with that "much deserved holiday".

23. Oriana

Oriana Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Thank you Joanne. :)

24. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for letting us know. :)

25. AesSedai

AesSedai Guest

- Oriana, christy1221
    Thank You two! So much :)

I was just about to release some of the emotions I've had pent up inside me today (little hint: I hate funerals). Thanks to your maturity, you have reminded me that I shouldn't lash out at others just because my emotions are running amuck. Thanks :)

26. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Sorry for your loss. I hope your doing ok. :(

27. Littleblue

Littleblue Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Thank you for responding....many of us greatly appreciate the communication...especially when you post by your own choice, on holiday, despite some of the rude comments regularly dished out by a few here.

Thank you to everyone that's a part of our UO Team! You all definately deserve very happy holidays...here's hoping each of you are thoroughly enjoying yourselves! :)

28. Sam the Scribe

Sam the Scribe Visitor

Hello friends,

The usual author of the FoF has admitted to a potion addiction and has been voluntarily admitted for treatment to our convalescent facility on Arctic Island. I can assure you that the FoF will resume as soon as possible. Until then, the Inquisitioner's Council has declared a state of "accelerated anxiety" and we ask all citizens of Sosaria to remain calm and keep an eye out for any suspicious activity.

Together, we can beat Alchemy.

[​IMG]

Safe Travels, Sam
    Grand Inquisitioner

29. Sam the Scribe

Sam the Scribe Visitor

I just wish whatever half you live in would quit... and you are welcome to go with them. However, since you singled out Trammel... I guess you live in the non-trammel half... the half of UO that is always complaining about everything being unfair, unbalanced, un-sunk, etc. If it weren't for us "carebears" who pay our subscription fees every month year after year, EA woulda pulled the plug on UO a long time ago.

There are more active regular paying accounts based in Trammel than "twig and tombstone land" and if us trammie carebears all go nutso over bacon, chocolate and house deco tools then that's what is paying the dev's salaries.

Of course... even if you quit UO (that is assuming that you even are an active player) you would still lurk on Stratics... too bad we can't have forums here that are only accessable by ACTIVE UO players.

LISTEN UP STRATICS ADMINS! I WOULD PAY FOR A FORUM THAT ONLY REAL LIFE BONA FIDE ACTUAL UO PLAYERS COULD ACCESS! Or, at least have an insignia that would display next to the avatar on Stratics that shows if a person actually has an active account... that way I know if I should add them to my ignore list. Cause, basically if you don't PLAY UO then I don't care what you think.

If I hear one more person bitchin' about UO that says "I'm no longer an active player... but... (here is what I think)" I'm gonna vomit on my keyboard!

Safe Travels, Sam

30. AesSedai

AesSedai Guest

- christy1221 & such:

You know how it is:
    We just keep keepin' on ~ I'm alright :)
    and thank you, once more

(ok, I'm done w/OT now :))

31. shanshu

shanshu Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Here's my question, where do I send it?

When there is a major holiday, how do we exchange communication about things that may arise?

It is simply unacceptable that something like the slimes could go on for 10 days with no representative from EAMythic commenting, even if it was to say, no this is not working as intended, but it will have to wait until Jan 6th.

And the key word in my question is exchange.

32. Demonous

Demonous Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010

i dunno why people are sticking up for EA here, they deserve a holiday when they do something right for a change... don't thank them for replying... i make posts on this forum when I'm off and i don't get a pat on the back, its not something hard to do, lets start wit this change, make it so that UO 2D can be played in a bigger resolution. I refuse to play kingdom reborn and i have a 24 inch monitor so uo 2d literally takes up 1/4 of my screen at the highest resolution. I'm not going to play in full screen because that just stretches uo and makes it look cartoony, so i have to drag the uo screen into the center of my monitor and have it surrounded with black space... its pretty lame

33. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Game still seems to run perfectly fine, so they are something right. They have to answer any questions at all, they chose to give us FoF. They deserve a holiday just as anyone else does. If you don't like the product then stop paying for it and quit since you apparently don't like the current state of UO.

34. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

yeah, that was my point. I just used (a lot) less words than you did.

despite your efforts as a carebear (you used the term, not me) "keeping the game alive" they are too expensive for EA to operate, sorry.

I play UO.

35. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

what game are you playing? I'm still getting stuttering and choppiness every 30 seconds and so is every single person I talk to in-game.

36. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

*shrugs* same game. No lag no stuttering for me. Not everyone is experiencing the same thing you have.

37. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

well I believe Regine is someone who used to post on this forum and actually showed examples of polished artwork and expressed interest in doubling the resolution. maybe she can find something out about that from the Engineers.

I also drag my UO screen to the center. It sucks because it causes problems with using the Tracking skill, placing boats and placing houses.

38. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

do you have high speed internet?

39. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

I agree, it's not just the slimes either. There's dozens of problems that need to be addressed. They better have a HUGE bug fix/balance publish in the works and deployed by the end of January. Releasing SA before doing this could be a mistake.

40. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Simple ol' DSL here.

41. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

Well, I dunno what to tell you. I get the same problem in both 2D and KR. It's more obvious in KR because KR is a lot smoother to begin with, so when it starts getting choppy you know it right away.