1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

will Uo run on Xp 64 bit.?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Millie, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Millie

Millie Guest

Can't seem to find any thing in Uo Tech. Any one using it?

2. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I am running IE8 XPPro 128 bit with no problem.

3. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos Always Present
    Stratics Veteran

Xp 128 Bit? LOL

4. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

LC LOL

5. THP

THP Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

are u trying to run this on a low level notebook??? not sure it can be done.. would be very interested to know if a low /old style notebook can run UO ok

6. RawHeadRex

RawHeadRex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

a friend of mine ran CC in 97' with a 266mhz cpu and 1mb onboard video and yes it will run on xp64 as it will install in the x86 program files instead of the regular program files. many of us are running CC on win7 64 and it works fine.

7. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I was until I upgraded to Vista Ultimate 64 bit and it ran just fine.

8. Jhym

Jhym Guest

Runs fine on xp32 and xp64,I was using xp64 up until a month or two ago. Now I'm running win7 64 and no issues on either client.

You do need to remember that xp and win7 store their personal and game folders in different ways. Otherwise just install and go.

You might have to install dx9 if your system doesn't have it, I believe both clients use it instead of dx10. However I think they both install it if needed.

Oh, and on win7 it helps quite a bit to run both clients as administrator. Otherwise you get quite a few security popups.

:grouphug:

9. Millie

Millie Guest

Thank you all for the information. :)
    rolleyes:

10. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I had xp 64 on my pc for a short while. Maybe it didn't like my system, but I found it a complete pain in the rear. It ran uo CC fine, but that's about all it would do. It wouldn't even look at installing EC and was picky about installing windows updates, sometimes taking several tries to download them, sometimes refusing to download at all. I was getting further and further out of date security wise and when it refused to download the monthly 'malicious software removal tool' update I gave up and put win 7 on instead.