1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Will we ever see bane drags or dread war horses again?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by lancelot99, Oct 24, 2011.

1. lancelot99

lancelot99 Guest

New back, and wondering if they'll ever make a re-apperance? as i'd love a chance at taming one !

2. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Last time I checked bane dragons were still spawning one at a time in the abyss.

3. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Bane Dragons aren't that great... I suppose they were given to us to "appease" the masses with folk upset about Dreads.

Personally I think they should just have Dreads spawn occasionally instead of Nightmares... Kinda like Greater Dragons.

Maybe that's just me.

Good place to have Dreads spawn ..... somewhere in Ter Mur.

I think it's a shame they don't spawn somewhere.

4. pgib

pgib Guest

I'm a not a collector but i think that being mares and banes kinda "rare" things they shouldn't spawn anymore to not screw up investments.

From a pvm-tamer perspective they are anyway weaklings.

Of course we could use some news in the pet area (well, among everything else). The skree idea wasn't that bad but when they took off its ability to cast the rising colussus it became just another bank sitter's oddity.

5. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

screw investments.. people should get the same chance to get everything..

this is a crazy stupid luck of the draw game as it is. then you have to be lucky and play at a certain time as well.

look at the blaze cu.. i been playing this game for almost 11 years and ive never seen one..

i tried to tame one once so i spent about 6 months doing nothing but taming and killing cus when i was online..

then one day my guild mate said in chat. 'omg i just tamed a blaze cu!!!' ugh..

things shouldnt be so rare..
    yes they should be hard to get.. but not so hard they are not worth going after..

6. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Nah, when the Bane left they took their Dragons with them :(

7. Lythos-

Lythos- Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

They should make a major gold sink with these. Say an NPC vendor that sells tastefully colored pets with random generated stats and cost could vary depending on animal. Like blue beetles could come in forrest ossy colors and cost 1mil cu's could be 10-20mil, dreads could be 30mil.

Before anyone goes on about the prices i listed, it IS an idea for a big gold sink after all plus if you're playing a tamer and DON'T have a surplus of gold you've definately been playing all wrong.

8. sayler04

sayler04 Guest

Bring back silver steeds!

9. pgib

pgib Guest

We all know that colors are not an option. For some reason players with fire hairs, wearing flashing pink robes, ice sandals and electric blue shields don't want us to have dark green dragons.

And by the way if they dare to give us pet colors before some kind of replacement for the greater dragon (four years old, some times i think they forgot this game has tamers), being a new decent creature or the long due pet breeding system, i'll eat my keyboard.

10. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Long overdue is new 1 slot pack of five. Would've been nice if the gaman had pack and not the damage of a chicken

11. Muu Bin

Muu Bin Guest

THIS

12. I combo my bane with a mare or a bake and it rocks.

13. lancelot99

lancelot99 Guest

Shame, i'd really love a bane dragon ...

14. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Word.

What shard are you on?

15. KingHen

KingHen Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

/Signage

16. lancelot99

lancelot99 Guest

i'm on europa

17. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

I would love to see dread mares given a spawn location and a decient rate of spawn, I for one do not think this would be a bad idea. I for one do not think it is a "rare" animal that should stay that way cause some $$ grubber wants to sell his dread for 300mill or more.

Banes still spawn , i see them every time i go with my thief for goodies.

I would love to get back my Anchient wyrm and my silver steeds,... i regret giving them in.

18. CovenantX

CovenantX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I was completely unaware of the Bane Dragons no longer spawning.

I see they left those Annoying hell hounds by slasher, Bane didnt like them either I guess so they left em with us =[

19. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Bane is too slow... and the Dreads firebreath is 10X better than the poison... though it is somewhat better than the useless reptalon which still shouldn't take 4 slots... I'd rather just use a Dread and Bake. Infact a Runebettle and a Bake are a far better combo than the Bane and Bake. Just my opinion .... the only improvement you get with the Bane is it has a few more HP.

20. lancelot99

lancelot99 Guest

I'll ask Europa, see if they still spawn there :)

21. pgib

pgib Guest

They don't.

22. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Will we ever see a Dread War Horse Slayer?

23. pgib

pgib Guest

Are they any good in pvp? Because i tried both creatures in pvm and they were abysmal.

24. Adol

Adol Certifiable

I really don't understand this dislike for Bane Dragons; no one seems to appreciate them, even though the stats are easy to cross check... MagalAste states he prefers the Rune Beetle, but in hit points the Bane is literally twice as strong, 648 possible compared to 360 for the Rune Beetle. It can spawn with 100 more Strength than a Rune, and it has 20 - 26 base damage compared to 15-22 on the Beetle. Both do Lethal (Level 5) poison, it's only the ranged Poison Blast on the Bane that requires the blackrock food to recharge, but once it gets into melee it's still poisoning even when peckish. It's a little slower than a high level dexterity Beetle, but this only really matters in PvP where it will need to stick to a target that is moving and dodging... in PvM you miss maybe a second of the inevitable butting-of-heads-until-one-of-us-dies all pets resort too.

What you gain on the Beetle is a larger mana pool, and Bleed and Armour Corruption attacks. What you can't do however is mount it if it gets into trouble, and ride it off to safety.

Now if Bane Dragons were truly Vanity pets, I'd be ok with them not spawning now; but they also happen to be pretty damn good in PvM as I hope I've shown, so I'd support putting them back... even though right now my own 3.9 rated Bane will, in the long run be going to be worth the sort of fortunes spoken about with regards to Dread War Horses now. Because that's not why I went to find a good one, and you all should have the right to see how good they can be too.

25. I agree as well. I tried Rune/bake combo and I find the Bane/Bake alot better. Bane's tank ability is superior to a rune from my experience and things just die faster as well.

When people compare dreads being better then banes they usually refer to PvP, but really don't explain it. So that leaves the impression that banes are not so good.

26. pgib

pgib Guest

The problem is that it has bad resistances (in pvm pets take mainly physical, fire and energy damage) and that matters a lot, especially when you can't heal it because you have a paragon dragon on your tail or you have to stay hidden because three crystal hydras just thought it would be cool to join the party. Those 20-30 seconds of time where the pet can take care of itself really makes the difference.

Of course the bane is better than the two well known four-slots mysteries of UO but we all know how bad those are.