1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Will you shop in Fel with the new vendor search?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by DJAd, Dec 22, 2013.

?

Will you shop in Felucca?

1. Yes

47 vote(s)
    75.8%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    24.2%
  1. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

So with the new vendor search well on the way it will open up opportunities for anyone to open a shop and sell there stuff on a vendor.

I was wondering if people would be put of by going to vendors in Felucca? I myself have a fel house and would definitely like to get rid of renting a Luna vendor, knowing that my items will be shown to everyone using the new search feature.

It seems some people are just scared of fel for no real reason. People have told me they don't have a fel house because they are worried about getting ambushed when they recall home or something! Man it's not 1999 anymore. I never see anyone about in fel, unless champ spawn or Yew gate.

So, will you shop in fel?

Colgarra likes this.
  2. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Having a think about this I guess it would be pretty easy to gank players. Stick an item on the vendor nice and cheap. Camp outside the house waiting for a customer then jump them...(pretty sad thing to do mind).

Maybe when players use maps to teleport to the location they should be hidden. What are peoples thoughts?

#2 DJAd, Dec 22, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
    Colgarra likes this.
  3. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Yes, I would. When I shop in Felucca I only have clothing on me. So the only result in killing shoppers would be a even more bad name for Felucca and result in no sales. :)

Colgarra likes this.
  4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

yup, but I think I'd follow the map with my Exodus thief rather than possibly teleport into the arms of a waiting pk.

I haven't forgotten the Europa character, Senji, who had a shop by Yew Lich and communication crystals that alerted him anytime his vendor announced a sale :D

5. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I will shop in fel if I find items of interest there, aye.
    I will just make sure the character that goes there is one of my capable fighters instead of my crafter. :D

Colgarra likes this.
  6. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

Of course I will.

Flutter and Colgarra like this.
  7. Tomarke

Tomarke Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran D^A

My answer will have to be "yes, but..."

I'm not a pvp'er, but I already mine and lumberjack in Fel. In the last year I have been killed while mining once. I didn't cry about it (he was pretty cool about it, didn't kill my pack animals or loot my corpse, just wanted the kill), I knew where I was and I know the dangers of going there to gather resources.

Depending on what the item is, yah I will shop in Fel, but knowing I don't stand a chance in pvp I won't be going there to buy any high value cursed items. And, once again, if I choose to go to Fel to buy something I know what the dangers are and am willing to face the consequences...no crying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colgarra likes this.
  8. Spiritless

Spiritless Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I have a Fel house, which I hope to run a vendor from. I'm hoping there won't be too much of a problem with selling stuff. I don't see much reason for people not to. With insurance, you get a few thousand gold for killing someone. You'd probably make more gold by actually making the sale. :p

Griefing is a different story, of course, but the same is true in reverse also. You stand to lose a few thousand gold if you happen to be killed, which is hardly a huge deal. You just rez, teleport back and select the next vendor.

Of course people should exercise the age-old tips for visiting Felucca: insuring/only carrying what you can afford to lose, etc.

#8 Spiritless, Dec 22, 2013
    Colgarra likes this.
  9. Amber Witch

Amber Witch Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Gilfane

You bet! Before Trammel I had a vendor house in Moonglow on GL and it did well. There were many hours of enjoyment watching the shenanigans going on around it. There was just one house rule. No fighting. For the most part that worked but once in a while someone would start something up and then they'd get banned from the house. Sooner or later they would come back, apologize and ask to be unbanned.

A few years after Tram a red guild moved into a house close by. Now that there was a major dramatic split between red and blue there wasn't any need for balance to be maintained and the reds would attack anything and everything. Easy targets , Vendors couldn't stock, shoppers couldn't shop and over time the vendors gave up so I closed up shop.

A few years ago Venus, one of the original armor vendors took it over and re-opened Macy's of Moonglow and she says it's doing well. Maybe the desire to kill easy targets has lost it's attraction. I think this is key to having vendoring in Fel work. That and traveling naked and having a bag of sending wouldn't be a bad idea either. :p

Colgarra likes this.
  10. Goldberg-Chessy

Goldberg-Chessy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have 2 homes in Fel so of course I would.

And as clueless and sad as I think it is that people are scared to come to Fel for any reason I do agree that this may open the door for some idiot griefers to try and pk shoppers and steal the uninsured items they just purchased.

I forget, why did they change it way back so that you couldn't vendor insured items? Assume it was to curb a bug or something? If that is so I think that it might be time to correct things and allow insured items to be sold off vendors if possible.

11. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Come on the 4 people so far who voted no, why not?!

12. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I will shop on my stealther in fel :)

Bazer and Colgarra like this.
  13. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Not saying Im going to do it but players who have a fel and tram house could set up a teleporters to anyone for the blues to visit their fel house, just keep the fel front doors set to friends to keep the griefers, and pkrs outside.

#13 Lady Michelle, Dec 22, 2013
  14. Prince Erik

Prince Erik Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I probably won't actually, unless there's something for sale that I desperately need and it's only in Fel. I've gotten a bit lazy in my old age and preparing for a potentially dangerous trip isn't worth it. I used to run a vendor shop pre Trammel near the Yew abbey and quite a few times I was ambushed while stocking it. I don't envision people camping vendors like the old days but I can see some enterprising vendor shops using other tactics to discourage competition. ;)

-P.E.

15. The Craftsman

The Craftsman Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

1. Put an item up for sale at a high but bargain price.
    2. wait for your victim.
    3. Let him or her buy the item.
    4. Kill them and loot the item back.
    5. Rinse and repeat

Sure this has a limited lifespan as people will eventually cotton on and not shop there but you could make millions. If I was going to do this I'd set up a small shop then drop it every week and place somewhere else with a different character to overcome this. Im sure this will happen.

If a deal looks too good to be true then it probably is. Beware Fel vendors offering bargains.

Warpig Inc and Cupid like this.
  16. Orgional Farimir

Orgional Farimir Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I can see this happening for the first 1-2 months. After that people SHOULD know what vendor is legit and what vendor is a set up. Just like everything else in life a few idiots will try to take advantage of people, just like people scam in tram.

Colgarra likes this.
  17. kaio

kaio Sage
    Stratics Veteran

*starts to whistle*
    Time to soulstone off stealing/snoop and getting ready to make millions §:)
    Ye this is what this game needs more work for thives..
    Can't wait this is gonna be soooo fun.

DJAd likes this.
  18. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Just go there on a stealther, stealth to the side of the house, buy item, stealth a screen away and recall off. Easy as pie.

Colgarra and DJAd like this.
  19. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

Spite

20. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Setup your ANTI Gank Squad all waiting to a "too good to be true" Vendor & after the pk flags on the 1st buyer call em in! LoL this will actually be FUN I think.

Tjalle and Colgarra like this.
  21. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

I wonder if the price of snooping pinks will suddenly go up in price. Just like the begging ones do at Halloween.

22. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

I hadn't voted when you asked that, but now since I have ...

I cannot think of anything I might want enough to head to Fel for it, since I absolutely loathe PvP.... all down to personal choice, I want there to be a good PvP system for the people who DO enjoy it, but it has absolutely zero interest, appeal or attraction for me, so I have no reason even to go near areas where it's 'available'.

Bobar and Parnoc like this.
  23. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I already have a bunch of vendors in Fel. People don't seem to mind coming round to shop there. I'm sure there are some who won't hit my runes when they see the Felucca mark on it, but the ones that do keep me restocking often enough.

Colgarra likes this.
  24. War Wizard

War Wizard Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I will search for an item I want... bring my Fel thief.... sit and wait, every so often... steal item from buyer. This hurts the seller because people will avoid the shops that are staked out by PKers/Thieves/owner scammer. However, I will shop Fel.... this game is no longer populated enough(except ATL) to worry about being at the right place at the right time. I am definitely not going to sit and wait for my victim to show up. Would be extremely BORING to sit and wait for someone to come along and purchase from a vendor just to PK or steal from them.

#24 War Wizard, Dec 22, 2013
    DJAd likes this.
  25. Colgarra

Colgarra Journeyman

Yep...

Yep...

Yep...

Oh yea, that too...

Right on...

As you can see, there are ways to shop in Fel very safely if you want to. And, although there will always be those who would like to kill you, it doesn't take long for your vendor to be known for that - and buyers will simply stop going there. And that is very self-defeating for those who want to kill you and they'll stop wasting their time...

Or, perhaps the dev's might decide to allow you to be "safe" or somehow "not attackable" when you use the map to recall to a vendor - so long as you do not move from that spot or become aggressive yourself. But even if they don't, then I'll still shop in Fel for all the reasons above...

Can't wait... it's going to be exhilarating... ;)

#25 Colgarra, Dec 22, 2013
  26. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Perhaps purchased items can go into a designated secure container in one's backpack. I have no problem shopping in Fel except for the off chance I could lose my purchase before I got it insured. Take that chance away and I would be a happy camper.

27. Dol'Gorath

Dol'Gorath Grand Inquisitor

You know, it's not too hard to hide or invis before you click on the map. Teleport in while hidden, if it looks safe go ahead and buy. if reds are lurking around, just teleport back.

28. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

My recommendation is that if you find an item you need at a good price in Fel, go ahead and buy it. The chance of something happening is so small it´s not even worth building up a fear around it.

Cupid, DJAd and startle like this.
  29. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Completely agree...

THP likes this.
  30. kaio

kaio Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Selling pots at yew mg really dosen't count, unless you sell "real" stuff

31. startle

Somebody else respond to this one, please......... I'm afraid I wouldn't be kind in mine...

#31 startle, Dec 22, 2013
    Colgarra likes this.
  32. Victim of Siege

Nah, my ten foot pole broke today . . .

Amber Witch, Colgarra and startle like this.
  33. kaio

kaio Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Over the years iv'e bought stuff for billions of gold coins..
    Out of the sum, iv'e spend like 50k in fel buying pots, apples, and arrows..
    For the record i spend 95% of my time in fel.
    So why would't youre reply be kind ? Or are you just trolling ?

34. TullyMars

TullyMars Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Hmm, maybe I will need to stock up my Atlantic Fel Vesper store again. I have been neglecting it a bit, but since my house is grandfathered in, located in guard zone, and already has a steady client base, I might not be what the original poster had in mind. It will be interesting if I get any additional traffic. But I used to run Fel Magincia commodity vendors too, and they had so little traffic that I finally consolidated to one Tram Magincia commodity vendor. So my expectations of increased Fel vendor traffic are limited.

35. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I would assume that the reason no one has explained their "no" is because they voted no just for the heck of it, lol.

36. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Any half-decent PVPer wouldn't waste their time camping vendors in the hopes some 'Trammie' will show up for them to kill, so safety really isn't an issue. Just make macros to heal/cure yourself and have a good laugh at the pathetic stealth archers as you shop on your crafter.

THP likes this.
  37. a slave girl

Stratics Veteran

I'm an Idocer with hiding and stealth and no defensive/killing skills which means if I want to buy something in Fel from the vendor search I will walk there. Invisibly. But yes.

38. startle

That pretty much speaks for itself in terms of your "perspective".... Have a nice day.
    Btw, I don't troll. I comment in threads that interest me, and I generally try my best to be diplomatic in my responses. In your case, I'll probably be inclined to make an exception - should the matter continue....

#38 startle, Dec 23, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  39. kaio

kaio Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Somebody else respond to this one, please......... I'm afraid I wouldn't be kind in mine...

40. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

If the product sells, it's real enough. But I suspect you're just baised...

Colgarra likes this.
  41. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Since you're interested at the moment I sell boards (all types), brilliant amber, runed switches, bark fragments (in 100 bunches), luminous fungi, parasitic plant, seeds of renewal, orange petals, chaga mushrooms, battle chicken lizard eggs, enchanted apples, natural dyes, powder of fortifying, whetstones of enervation, alacrity scrolls, leather (all types), raptor teeth, gorgon lenses, silver snake skins, slith tongues, boura pelts, invulnerable refinements, arrows, bolts, demon claws, vials of vitriol, spider carapace, undying flesh, goblin blood, lava elemental crust thing and ten of the "essences" that drop in the Abyss.
    I also have a free vendor which gives away things and a free bar.
    Good day to you sir.

#41 hen, Dec 23, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
    kaio likes this.
  42. startle

Then you'll have a lot more customers once this Vendor Search goes live... So I wish you well, hen, as I'm sure your business will get a great boost!
    Oh, btw - I believe your Byron quote is a bit off... It actually says: "I love not Tram the less, but Siege more."

Just sayin..........;)

43. LetheGL

LetheGL Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

That's pretty dang clever. Lame but clever!

44. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie

I voted no mostly because the antics of some of the PVP characters on Europa have demonstrated their mentality for all to see. They would inevitably find some way to irritate and harass other players. With Vendor search I imagine most things I would ever need could be found in Trammel so why would I go to Fel?. Hassle I do not need and so will avoid even the possibility of it.

DJAd likes this.
  45. Sophi

Sophi Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I like to enjoy this game and pvp is not enjoyable to me at all. I will not subject myself to having to worry about getting mudered or 'ganked' or whatever you call it while i'm shopping, so no i will not shop in fel, even for a good deal.

46. kaio

kaio Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I didn't need a complete inventory :)

Very nice to hear that people actually run vendors in fel, but it is rare atleast on my homeshard.
    I do actually check out those runes laying around in luna, its just that 1 out of 100000 is marked fel.

Most of the stuff you sell is pobberly deeds, so the risk should be minimal buying those i recon.

47. kaio

kaio Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Not really, should probberly have rephrazed the question i guess :)

48. startle

I enjoyed reading your "complete inventory", hen... Great resources. I didn't notice any "pobberly" deeds there tho'.....

49. Victim of Siege

Free bar! Hot Damn, I'm there.

startle likes this.
  50. THP

THP Stratics Legend

why wouldnt you shop in felucca???..... apart form Atlantic...... its pretty damn safe now....very doubtfull you will ever see a red