1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Windowed Mode

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Thrakkar, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Thrakkar

Thrakkar Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I just switched from fullscreen to windowed. I have a 16:9 monitor and I wanted the window to fill the left half of the screen. Usually that's a relatively easy task with windows 7, since you just have do press Windows-CursorLeft.

The window got half the width of my screen but to my surprise the height adjusted itself so that the window had a 4:3 aspect ratio and furthermore it centered itself to my screen. WTF?

So I tried to resize it manually, but it is simply not possible. The window can be resized to a 1:1 ratio, but as soon as the height becomes bigger than the width, the window snaps back to a 4:3 ratio and centers itself at the screen. But on the other half the width can become as big as possible. What for? What's the point? Why the restrictions?

Additionally the UI gets scaled down. "User settings -> Options -> UI Scale" still shows 1.0 and is at max. I don't want this to happen automatically. And why don't we have any control over it?

Is this a cruel joke of the devs?

2. Ned888

Ned888 Seasoned Veteran

I have the same sized monitor... i'll have to give that a try and see if I have the same problem. I'll let you know tomorrow!

3. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

I just double clicked the title bar of the window to get it to full sized windowed mode, then turned off said title bar in the UO options. Works fine for me... gives me effectively full-screen settings, but without having to alt-tab out to go to another window.

4. Thrakkar

Thrakkar Slightly Crazed

Actually that's my preferred setting, because I like to have the effect of a full screen, but without the disadvantages of a separate mode. But you completely misunderstood my post. I'm talking about moving the client window either to the LEFT or the RIGHT HALF of the screen.

5. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

it doesnt seem to be possible.. when i try to move the window to the left it either will sit 800x600 in top left or right or in the middle 800x600..
    it seems to be snapped in that position, this is with windows 7.

there are bugs in the game tho if you dont run the window at max size.
    sometimes the object handles are overlapping.. you end up picking up stuff you dont mean to.

6. 4gregu

4gregu Slightly Crazed

I can't find the option in the enhanced client to disable the title bar, where is it located?

7. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

User Settings -> Graphics -> Show Window Frame

but if you maximize the window first, you will have a hole on the top where there was the window title :D