1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows 7 and UOAssist

Discussion in 'UO Resources' started by ElvishArcher, Feb 7, 2010.

1. ElvishArcher

ElvishArcher Guest

Any advice from Windows 7 users and UOAssist? It asks me where to install it and I put it on my desktop but as a result it places more than just the normal exe shortcut onto my desktop. I am VERY new with Windows 7 and all I wanted was the shortcut on my desktop like when I had XP. Anyone know the proper place to set this up? I uninstalled UOAssist until I can get the proper method. I know in my case, UOAssist was working perfect the way it was setup but again, I don't want the desktop all cluttered up (forgive my bad shortterm memory, but I think it was the shortcut plus 2 or 3 other items it placed on my desktop).

Any other Windows 7 issues, advice etc regarding UO would be greatly appreciated! Gonna give UO one more chance to get me hooked again. I know Windows 7 with the Classic Client works faster than anyother install I have had to date! Then again the LapTop I just bought is so bloody fast and loaded with RAM that its disgusting lol
  2. Guido_LS

Guido_LS Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Apr 17, 2003
    Just put it in the default directory it offers - it still puts the icon on your desktop - don't forget to run the install as administrator, and once installed, right click your desktop icon, go to properties, and set it to run as administrator automatically. It will work without doing so, but gets quirky if you try to change chars without re-starting the program.
  3. ElvishArcher

ElvishArcher Guest

Kindly appreciated my friend!