1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Windows 7?

Discussion in 'UO Napa Valley' started by Kirthag, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Kirthag

Kirthag Former Stratics Publisher
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor Evergreen

I'm looking at a new box, but it has Windows 7 on it.

Anyone running Windows7? Home or Pro? Any words of wisdom?

2. Ken of Napa

Stratics Veteran

The reviews seem pretty good. However i always get a little nervous about any new operating system for the first six months after release.

Someone on UO Hall posted that UO works well on Windows 7. You might check out their post ;)

3. Kirthag

Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor Evergreen

You gotta link on that? I always get lost in the Uhall....

I've heard (from an admin's point of view) that the home edition sux, and should upgrade to the pro version asap. Something about the Windows Live stuff in the home edition being made "for the people who know nothing about computers" (do people like that still exist?!?). If I wanna tweak my os (dedicated threading, memory allocations, etc.) The home edition would give me grief.

4. Ken of Napa

Stratics Veteran

5. Kirthag

Thanks Ken. ^.^