1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Windows 8 issues

Discussion in 'UO Resources' started by Laina, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Laina

Laina Sage
    Stratics Veteran

My husband and I finally broke down and bought a new computer for him. We cannot get UO to run at all. I tried using a Samurai Empires disk and while I can install UO, it won't patch - it just pops up that the program is not responding. UO 9th anniversary does not work at all - once installed it says this program is not compatible with windows.

I went to the website and tried downloading both the EC and the CC. When I click on the icon to install nothing happens. It doesn't even open.

I have installed and re-installed both Samurai Empires and 9th Edition. I have run it as administrator. Nothing seems to be working. Does anyone have any advice?

2. Kelly O'Brian

Kelly O'Brian Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

While i am not a techi and use Win7, i think its save to say:

To get an up to date version of the installation files i would use only: http://uo.com/Client-Download
    (Since the patch uploader have been rewritte, older versions link to update-server-adresses not existing anymore etc.)

Since nothing happen for you, when you click the download-icons there i havent a clue. I can not confirm this.
    Under Windows 7 and my current security options a click on the cc-or the ec icon brings me a popup-request wether i want to download the installation file. Just a guess: Do your security options (or additional programms like anti-virus or popup blocker) allow popups or downloads at the moment?

As far as player experience with Win8 and UO concerns: Found only happy folks via the forum search like:
    http://stratics.com/community/threads/uo-cc-uoassist-with-windows-8.287412/#post-2195689
    http://stratics.com/community/threads/ec-and-windows-8.288500/

#2 Kelly O'Brian, Dec 30, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  3. Ingstein

Ingstein Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Same here: Updater pops up, I click "play" and nothing happens...

4. Goldberg-Chessy

Goldberg-Chessy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I just loaded UO on my new windows8 system yesterday. Hit download link off Mythic site for classic client and it installed no problem. I am having some crappy full screen/taskbar issues along with a mouse problem but the game itself is running fine.

I would suggest you keep re-trying the download from the official site. I have heard in the past that it can be off and on

#4 Goldberg-Chessy, Feb 21, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2013