1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows You Can Look Through

Discussion in 'Project: Gorgon Discussion Hall' started by zentr, Aug 6, 2014.

1. zentr

zentr Visitor

Aug 4, 2014
    I just wanted to say how cool it is that PG has windows in the buildings that you can look through. I remember noticing that in AC1 and being impressed. Such a small, seemingly simple thing, but most all MMOs just don't have that feature.

I didn't play AC1 for long (I couldn't afford two subs) but I remember being impressed my many of the mechanics. They just make sense. May be the best fishing I've seen too.
  2. Citan

Citan Project: Gorgon Developer

Oct 23, 2012
    Thanks! That was something Aaron pushed for. I insisted we have buildings without loading screens, which makes things a lot more difficult to optimize, but it's important to me. And Aaron said something like "if you're gonna have buildings on the landscape, then they should have windows." It actually does add some more technical concerns and we may end up taking a few out as we optimize, but I do like the effect.