1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Wisps/ New seeds

Discussion in 'UO Botany and Nutrition' started by Patty Pickaxe, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hello! I will apologize in advance if this has been discussed before. I quickly scanned the board, but didn't see my question, so here I go!

I have been hunting, trying to get all the new seeds. I should mention I am basically a crafter with magery. In other words, I have very little fighting skill.

I was out trying to find wisps to kill. I was in Ilsh (around the honor gate), but too many other nasty creatures around. I wanted to try wisp dungeon, but there were many paragons around. I thought I would die trying to get there. I tried wisp circle, SE of shame, but there are also dark wisps there. On Siege, those things are deadly.

On the hunter's guide, it mentioned Crystal dungeon. Ahh ha! Let me go there. Bought my ticket, dropped and EV. Those wisps dropped like flies. But no seeds. Are there different "wisps" (aside from shadow and dark)? :confused:

2. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

3. kittykat

kittykat Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

when i hunted wisps, i just walked around Fire Island. Most of the spawn (as long as you don't get to the deamon temple) is low end (trolls and such) and you'll find a wisp wandering around every now and then (it's not terribly fast paced, but it is pretty safe).

4. I like the spawn around the Lord Oak champ in Ilsh, if you can lure a a strong paragon into the area the blues will attack it, the other day we had a paragon Greater dragon and a paragon anicent wyrm and managed to take it all the way to Lord Oaks. I was able to get several wisp seeds during that when I looted them, of course when I was not running from the two Paragons. ;)

5. Sakkarah_

Sakkarah_ VIP
    VIP Stratics Veteran

You will not get seeds from the wisps in the Prism of Light. It has to be the regular blueish wisps.

6. Strawberry

Strawberry Guest

There are a lot of wisps around a marble circle southeast of the Shame entrance.

7. Hyssmaye

Hyssmaye Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I also hunt the wisps in wisp circle - safe area, lots of wisps! :)

8. Callie

Callie Guest

If you happened to also be out hunting juka mages for their seeds in honesty, you could pop on back wehre the serpentine dragon is and there are wisps there too. Nothing is aggro in that dungeon I have found.

9. FrejaSP

Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

LOL yeah but Patty play Siege and there 9 our of 10 of them are Dark Wisps and they are true griefers and very agressive, they love crafters and newbies for dinner and they will gank and rez kill too :lick:

10. DHMagicMan_1

DHMagicMan_1 Guest

... and we wonder why most people play on Tram ruleset facets... LOL

No offense... I'm sure you enjoy the PvP action... but I hated UO when it first came out before Tram existed... because I'd be mining near Minoc and griefers would come kill me and my packy just because they wanted to brag about how many crafters they'd killed.

11. Ni-

Ni- Guest

ahh yes, the 'good' old days...

12. FrejaSP

PvP?? I speaked about Dark Wisps, they are not players but monsters like the blue wisps, only diff is their color and that they are aggressive.

Sure they may have learned something of PK's :lick:

13. DHMagicMan_1

DHMagicMan_1 Guest

Ah, when you were talking about true griefers, ganking and res killing... I thought you meant PKs camped the spot waiting for crafters to go after the wisps so PKs could go after the crafters.

My bad.