1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

With the New Forum Site...

Discussion in 'Stratics Help and Suggestions' started by Hunters' Moon, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

...would be possible to allow for larger sigs or even animated ones?

2. Hunters' Moon

Stratics Veteran

3. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Animated avatars are working in most styles, but I still need to make the adjustment to the Animate style. As for larger avatars, we may have an option for this in the near future.

4. Hunters' Moon

Stratics Veteran

In the old forum,there was a restrictive limit to file size that disallowed the use of the link I provided above. Will the same file size limitation apply here?

5. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Sigs not working yet then,

6. Taylor

Viquire likes this.
  7. Taylor

Animations now working in Animate. Not sure on the size restriction. I think it'll be similar as before, but try it and see.

8. Kas Althume

Kas Althume Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

... will it be possible to limit the displayed forums? In the old boards i had like 5 forums i was reading. I didn't have to scroll so much. ;)

*edit* signatur is working fine. The migration only copied the old board handles for the signature (sigpic) but not the signature itself.

*edit 2* Oh no ! I'm just a visitor now. ;) Is it possible to disable the background for avatars? I believe my avatar had a see-through background.

9. Taylor

On the favorite forums list, we don't yet have a way to do this, but I am trying to garner support on XenForo's site to be included in a future release.

The user titles are tricky here. We're still trying to get the hang of them.

10. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

11. Taylor

Which skin are you using? I see it moving on the Animate theme.

12. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Cheers! Skin changed to UO Classic and the Sig shows as it should. It was on the default of black before. Now to get everyone to change theres so they can see me sig too. On wards and Up wards :rolleyes:

13. Taylor

Hmm, I'm using the Animate skin, but I see your avatar walking and the bug in your sig moving. Is anyone else not seeing the animation?

14. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Can we not go mad with sig file sizes till I have a chance to consult on what the impact on load times would be?

Also, if your sig isn't linked from the old boards, please ensure that wherever it is linked from allows hotlinking?
    Example: Photobucket does, conceptart.org does, deviantart.com does not.

Nok, Sevin0oo0, Old Man of UO and 3 others like this.
  15. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

/Agree
    I hope they don't go overboard with the sigs. They were pretty perfect as they were.

16. AND we had the option to turn them off before. I hope we still get this option... please?

Flutter likes this.
  17. Taylor

This already exists. Click "Preferences" and uncheck "Show people's signatures with their messages."

18. Got it! It was turned off in VBulletin and that setting migrated with XF, just like it was supposed to!

19. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

I agree w/ the hotlinking statement. Further, if I'm waiting on a sig, to load, and load... I usually add it to the Blocked list, like those feed my dragon things where maybe the site is slow, or not responding. I think sigs should be locally hosted, and limited in file size and dimensions. There has to be control measures to ensure board responsiveness. Slows complaints about pages hanging and what-not.

Flutter likes this.
  20. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Love it. Big werewolf/pixel art fan. :D