1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Won a WWI Card? Here's some info you need to know!

Discussion in 'WoW General Discussion' started by Lag, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Lag

Lag Guest

Hello all, and congrats to all the winners of our Gold Medal challenge!

In this thread, I will be putting up a list of information anyone with a WWI card should know!

-On the back of the card, there will be 2 codes. Follow the instructions on the back of the card
    -Register your beta code as soon as possible. The sooner you register, the sooner you get into the beta!
    -The link to get your Tyrael minipet is http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/misc/promotion.html
    -When claiming the Tyrael minipet, be sure to double check your realm; if you choose the wrong realm, you cannot get the minipet. The vendor for the Tyrael minipet, for horde, is:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=29095
    For alliance, is:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=29093
    (Note: if you /dance with Tyrael, he will dance back!)
    -As soon as you register for the beta with your WWI code, go to
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=9023683582&sid=1
    and post the required information required by the first post in the thread.

NOTE: You NEED to do this because the invites are for the EU beta. Posting in that thread will hasten your process of getting that EU invite. After receiving the EU invite, read the next bullet

-Then email "[email protected]" the following information as soon as you get your invite:
    Acct Name you wish to have upgraded
    Promo Code
    Email address
    Region you play from

And name the email "Regional Key Issues" (as the title)

The stratics team hopes to see everyone in Northrend soon! :danceb:

2. Eldorian

Eldorian Guest

Good info. Sticky for now.

3. tshrake521

tshrake521 Guest

So the keys are for EU beta and you must do the bottom to get them to work in the US beta? What is the average turnaround time?

4. Eldorian

Eldorian Guest

I'm told by Blizzard that it's a "quick and easy process".

And yeah, any beta codes from the WWI cards need to be transferred over using what Lag spelled out above.

5. wtfisit123

wtfisit123 Guest

I have a problem coming up on the account upgrade page, and it's saying that the code i got is not an expansion key. I sent the mail and posted the message, and the Tyrael thing did work, but the beta key didnt. If i am right and blizzard e-mails go at their 6:00 and i posted and e-mailed near their 7:00, that means my solution here is to wait till tomorrow when they are there and then i will be able to enter the code most likely after they send a reply to my message. Is this correct?

6. Lag

Lag Guest

No no. The code on the back of the WWI card you register to an email. as SOON as you get your invite, do what I said in the post. It says "not an expansion key" because it is a EU key. Email wowbetabilling the info above and post in that thread and they will get to you asap.

NOTE: BLIZZARD IS AIMING TO HAVE ALL WWI INVITES GONE OUT & CONVERTED BY FRIDAY, SO DO IT ASAP!

7. Lag

Lag Guest

Another point: I sent in my info for an exchange 2 weeks ago, and have talked to the beta billing, and they have said I should have it by friday at the latest. Now, 2 weeks is a long time. From what I understand, Blizzard has assigned more staff to work on this EU swapping problem, so it should go by fairly quickly, as Eldorian said.

8. Eldorian

Eldorian Guest

I'm waiting for confirmation from Blizzard if this is the case or not.

If it is, I'll start scratching off and sending codes for people that want it. If it isn't, cards will be mailed out tomorrow morning.

9. Fojos

Fojos Guest

If it is true, I think I'd want it in my pm. ^^ :p

10. Lag

Lag Guest

11. Eldorian

Eldorian Guest

12. wtfisit123

wtfisit123 Guest

well actually i did mail them last night, and posted in that forum section, but they havent gotten back to me, might this only be because they arent working there atm?

13. Eldorian

Eldorian Guest

I'll be mailing them out tomorrow. I'm told the Friday deadline isn't true.

But was told "sooner the better"

14. Eldorian

Eldorian Guest

I also got this confirmation from Blizzard:

"While there is no guarantee of when they will get in, registrants will be getting invitations throughout beta as long as it’s running."

15. Nyaz

Nyaz Guest

I also assume the happy-dappy European winners won't have to bother with the tedious "help, please trade my key, please" steps, eh? ^_^

Ah, it's good to be the king... sort of.

16. Eldorian

Eldorian Guest

You'd be correct.

17. Rockafizz

Rockafizz Guest

Darn im in US...i gotta go through the "Please Please switch me over" Phase...

owell im too busy being happy :danceb: to worry bout it ^.^

18. Eldorian

Eldorian Guest

Other than the fact that you have France over there. :p

Well... the area was alright, the landmarks were pretty cool... the people on the other hand :talktothehand:

(although I did meet a couple cool french people - the random ones in the street though... yikes!)

19. Lag

Lag Guest

Do I count as one of the random ones you met in the street? :D

20. Nyaz

Nyaz Guest

Hahaha! Fortunately, Sweden is faaaar away from France :p

21. Eldorian

Eldorian Guest

Cards got mailed out tonight.

22. Nyaz

Nyaz Guest

Pssst, Eldorian - check your private messages.

23. tshrake521

tshrake521 Guest

dare I ask where and how they were shipped?

24. Eldorian

Eldorian Guest

25. Lag

Lag Guest

You and your Kansas.

On another note, I got my invite after 3.5 weeks of waiting!

Have fun people!

(Nah. They're doing all of em right now. Just wanted to scare you guys!)

26. Rockafizz

Rockafizz Guest

wish i coulda got mine through PM..

Mail...not only takes a while but the fact they might lose Precious WII card :blushing:

27. Nyaz

Nyaz Guest

So, er, what's the average waiting time between invite waves?

28. Eldorian

Eldorian Guest

Seems to be every 2 weeks.

I think they just sent out one last week... so maybe next week?

29. Nyaz

Nyaz Guest

*fingers itching for beta*

30. tshrake521

tshrake521 Guest

Anyone know if the post office delivers on saturdays? I haven't recieved or got regular postage service mail in I dont know how long.

Indiana btw, what would be the average waiting time from Kansas--->indiana?

31. Rockafizz

Rockafizz Guest

Assuming there flying the mail from state to state they still would have to redistribute it and get it to the right post offices...so i dont think it would be there by a saturday :blushing: Postal Mail kills me :bored:

32. tshrake521

tshrake521 Guest

[​IMG]

I can't wait for the beta key to be changed... its seriously killing me

33. Lag

Lag Guest

Dont worry. Blizzard has a highly paid proffesional force of college dropouts working from their mom's basements working 24/7 on those exchanges.

nah but really, it shouldnt be long

34. The Barista

The Barista Guest

hey, do you mind telling me what UI mods you're using there?

35. tshrake521

tshrake521 Guest

entirely custom made, I can have it sent if you have aim

36. wtfisit123

wtfisit123 Guest

i entered in my key a little while ago on another link from WoW that one of the employees told me to register it on a few days ago, so about when should i be getting the invite to the beta?

37. Eldorian

Eldorian Guest

Sometime before the beta is over.

Seriously, that's all I know and all Blizzard says.

38. Rockafizz

Rockafizz Guest

Scratch this...I didnt scratch off enough to see the second code...i feel like an idiot ='(

39. Fojos

Fojos Guest

"I can confirm that my department is currently not handling the actual selection process for those who signed up after August 1, or even if invites will actually be sent out for those who registered late"

It's funny that Blizzard gives WWI-keys to fansites for contests after the closing date. I got this in a mail from Blizzard.

40. Rockafizz

Rockafizz Guest

Me Sad =(

Shucks Win a contest and the prize dont work =(

Sure it was the RIGHT department...and id wait for eldorian to confirm it before everyone goes EMO.

Does sound like Blizz though, to be honest..

41. Shiftey

Shiftey Guest

I did not win a WWI key but i think i know what is going on..

IF you put in your code before Aug 1 you were supposed to get a key on the next wave..but they had problems which are mostly fixed atm..

IF you put your code in after Aug 1 you will be able to join beta but there is no set date or set wave you will recive your key.

42. Lag

Lag Guest

What we have been told by blizzard officials, but people from within the department that handles the beta are sending conflicting reports. So its either the Blizzard PR people, or the beta people. One of em is lying. Im hoping the beta people are.

43. Shiftey

Shiftey Guest

They are all confused

44. Eldorian

Eldorian Guest

I've been told by numerous sources within Blizzard that the Aug. 1 date was the cutoff date for the next wave of invites.

The cards will get you into beta at SOME POINT. You're just not guaranteed on when.

45. Shiftey

Shiftey Guest

^ yeah

...cant wait til Monday for new contest

46. Nyaz

Nyaz Guest

And now it's friday, and still no signs of life from the beta department. Aaaaaargh!! *goes mental*

Of course, chances are they are in fact in the US, and they are like 6-something hours behind me. Hmm. All is not lost!

47. wtfisit123

wtfisit123 Guest

yea, from where im at (EST) its about 8:40, so they'll probably get to use between THEIR 9am-6pm, i beleive thats when most of them are working, so if theyre gna get to us today, wait for the afternoon

48. Nyaz

Nyaz Guest

In my case it's probably more like tomorrow as it's already 20:00 over here in Ye Olde Empire of Sweden. (Well, 19:54 actually).

Yaaaaaaaarrrr...!

49. Eldorian

Eldorian Guest

Might end up being Tuesday since I'm in Seattle still Monday

50. Shiftey

Shiftey Guest

That is cool

any hints on what it will be?