1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Wondering about Scrolls of Alacrity

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Gunn4r, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Gunn4r

Gunn4r Guest

I read that they give enhanced gains, such as instead of gaining .1, you gain like .4 or somesuch. But what im wondering is... they last for 15 minutes. Do they increase the chance to gain at all? I mean... they seems almost worthless to use if you are up in the 115+ range as you can easily easily go 15+ minute without a single gain.

When would be a good time to use one of these? I mean at low levels skills already go up fairly quick. and at high levels I can see how you could easily pop a scroll and then not get a single gain!

2. Faith

Faith Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

If you're not in a hurry, eat the scroll and get your GGS each day. So you log that char on for max 30 secs a day.

3. legendsguy

legendsguy Sage
    Stratics Veteran

i like to use them around 92-95%. i get about 1-2% in gains which is nice if the skill doesn't go beyond 100. very good idea to use them in conjunction with your ggs though, might have to try that.

4. Gunn4r

Gunn4r Guest

this is interesting... its 15 min actually in game then eh? It doesnt persist when you log out...? Okay if thats the way it really works that would be very useful then. I hardly ever log on my tamer seems like lately except to get a GGS gain.

Can another person confirm that that is how they work?