1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Word of Death in PvP?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by hawkeye_pike, Jun 30, 2008.

1. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

A few days ago, I tested the Spellweaving spell "Word of Death" against a guild mate. While against monsters the damage output is immense if the monster is down to 10% health, the damage against players is ridiculous. With 90 Spellweaving I did 5 points of damage.

Has Spellweaving been nerfed? Or is the spell supposed to be used only for PvM? (Which would make Spellweaving pretty useless in PvP)

2. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I was under the impression that Spellweaving was designed specifically for high-end PvM.

3. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Once upon a time, WoD was pretty much instant death in PvP.

They nerfed it into oblivion, so WoD is less effective than fireballs against your fellow player.

4. WarUltima

WarUltima Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

And I will gladly take it over zero skill archer precasting WoD, and BOOM WoD Armor Ignore owned pure skill!!1111oneoneeleven!1

5. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Yep, that's exactly when I quit PvP. It was undoubtedly one of the dumbest points in UO's PvP history. WoD really has no place in PvP.

6. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Agreed, 100%. WoD nerfing was a good thing.

7. o2bavr6

o2bavr6 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

With 120 Spellweaving and a lvl 6 arcane focus, you can do about 35 points of damage with a word of death when the person is below about 20% of health.

When they are full health it does about 20 HP damage.

And yes WoD did need nerfing, but not to the point of oblivion like they did. It should still be able to do at least 45HP of damage. But as usual EA didn't put any thougt into the fix.