1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Word of Death

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Son1c, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Son1c

Son1c Guest

hey all,

im not sure if im doing something wrong here...
    Every time i cast WoD even if the enemy's health is <20% WoD only seems to do about 20-30 damage?

2. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Do you have an arcane focus?

3. Drowy

Drowy Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

It depends on the level of the focus you have, when you are able to do big damage to a monster. With a level 6 Focus you can start at 30% of the monsters health. With every level less you can start 5% later.

Level 6 - 30%
    Level 5 - 25%
    Level 4 - 20%
    Level 3 - 15%
    Level 2 - 10%
    Level 1 - 5%

4. Mr. Smither1

Mr. Smither1 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The more sdi you have the more wod damage you can do. When am getting ready to cast it I equ my 30 sdi spellbook, use grapes of wrath, the sdi fish steaks, cast reaper form, cast arcane impowerment, and hit for 839.

5. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

just curious. sometimes i will be fighting like burning mage and cast wod till im out of mana
    then it either says 31 pts mana needed or 42 pts mana needed (might be slightly dif numbers) and can go between those numbers even as i keep trying.
    is the mage doing something to me that causes this?

lorddog

6. Son1c

Son1c Guest

ahh i didnt realise i needed arcane focus to increase the % it can be used at, guess thats what i was doing wrong, i didnt even have an arcane focus!
    the only arcane circle i can find is in britain, are there any more?

7. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

You can make them for your house but the one at WBB gives a +1. If you can get 4 of your friends to stand in there with you and they all have weaving within 20 points of you when you cast it you will get a level 6 focus. Which as I once saw written will change your spells from meh to WTFBBQ! If your a human and none of your friends have weaving just stone weaving off and get them to stand in the circle cast arcane focus and then put weaving back on.

8. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

If you watch the messages you will notice that the sometimes divert or corrupt your mana. I believe one of those will cause you to take damage when you use mana.

9. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

It also takes more mana to cast spells when its diverted.

10. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

If the WOD is doing less than 300 damage then either it's not the right time or the specific monster you're fighting can't be WOD'd (rare, but some specific types of monsters have been made immune to WOD, usually event monsters). If you don't have a LVL 6 focus you often have to wait until a high end monster is almost completely red-lined in order to use a WOD.

11. Specialshoes

Stratics Veteran

I see Phoenix paying attention to this thread. So I will take the opportunity to ask. Are we going to be seeing some kind of update to Spellweaving like we did with the other skills?

12. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

839 wow how much sdi do you have?

no grapes or pies i DO 575...Hmm

13. Mr. Smither1

Mr. Smither1 Seasoned Veteran

I have wizard crystal glasses, pendant of magi, mana orb with sdi, protector of battle mage, kelp leggings, midnight bracers, 30sdi invasion spellbook, inscription, cloak of death, ranger's cloak of agu, and 15 sdi on ring and brac. I am not sure how much reaper form, arcane enpowerment, grapes of wrath, sdi fish steaks add.

14. edwinhunt

edwinhunt Guest

If the target is not under the required damage threshold, a pitiful amount of damage will be dealt.

15. popps

popps Always Present

I assume you are talking 100.0 Inscription here for best SDI bonus.
    May I ask what your template is that you can fit 100 inscription points in it ??

Also, rather than squeezing 100 points of inscription into the template for a bonus of +10% SDI wouldn't it be possible to get the same (or close to) through items thus saving up 100 points of skill ? I understand that in PvE SDI is not capped and so the more the better but saving up room for 100 skill points has also other advantages......

Thanks a lot.

16. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I found Pinco's UI a real helper with WoD. The icon in the hotbar will blink and an icon will appear on the healtbar of the mob when it is low enough for WoD to work. this factors in the rank of the focus you have.

17. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I tell you the truth,

word of death should do high damage at the start of killing a monster and not at the end.

No need to explain, you can work that out yourselves.

18. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

After the arcane focus is cast (with 4 other weavers in the circle) do you lose the level later if one or more of them log out?

19. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Nah. A full level 6 lasts 36000 seconds of real world time and stays with you no matter what the other weavers do. That clock does keep ticking even if you log out.

20. startle

Awesome.... I've always wondered about that... Quite a while ago, I put Spellweaving on all 4 of my accounts. Now, I can use my 2 computers (with 2 clients each), get my 4 weavers on, do the Arcane Focus, then log 3 of them out and carry the +5 (from using the WBBank ring) on my main weaver. I'm happy !!!!

:pint:

21. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

That's alot better plan than waiting up to 30 minutes on occasion for a 6 lol

22. startle

Yea, Atlantic would be easy... but Pacific, I'd be there a while...

:sleep2:

23. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I'm slightly disappointed that nobody else has asked for word of death to do high damage at the beginning of killing a monster instead of the end. I thought some uo players were quite smart.

24. Widow Maker

Widow Maker Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

You were wrong. I will leave it up to you to decide on which point. ;)

25. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

touche

OK i'll go first,

The main reason why i moved to hunting monsters in fel, I.E scalis and shame, was because some punk would come along, wait until the creature is 20% health and start wodding, in order to prevent that person from getting looting rights, we'd have to heal the creature to max hp, this would not be a problem if wod dealt a percentage of damage at the start of killing the monster instead of the end.

(at least in fel you can kill punks)