1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Working up Fishing and stuck!

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by THyRoID99, Aug 16, 2008.

1. THyRoID99

THyRoID99 Guest

Morning! So basically I've been working on fishing and I've hit quite a hard wall. Currently my skill is 65 fishing but the gains are coming so incredibly slow. Gains can't be this slow (.1-.3 a day) at such a low skill level...

Currently I'm fishing off shore and moving to the next spot once that node has dried up. I've been doing it for hours and hours now and some nights I won't even see a gain!

So the question is; what am I doing wrong?

Edit; FYI, I've also tried fishing off a boat and I think I'm still too low to get anything.
  2. majorjc

majorjc Guest

The minimum required skill level to catch *anything* in deep water is 65. I trained 3 GM fishers all from boats from the beginning. I hate shore fishing. Until you get to about 70 skill just stay within 10 tiles or so of the server line east of moonglow and sail due north. After you reach 70 move over to about 25 tiles from the server line.

Hope this helps.
  3. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Mar 19, 2003
    Fishing is a slow skill. I am currently training it as well. On average I gain between .3 and .5 per training session. I think I am currently about 60 ish (I started him from 0 *smacks head*) It helps (with any skill you're training) if you can keep your skill cap below 350.