1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Worth coming back to the game?

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by Cueball, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Cueball

Cueball Guest

Hey everyone, I havnt played for 2 years or so now, originally started in 1999, so Ive been around a while, basically I was wondering what UO is like now? Specifically the PvP side of things, and champs/doom whatever is good PvE nowadays, Ive got a 5x120 mage with gm scribe, (Hawkeye, if anyone remembers me) with max sdi/lmc/lrc/dci etc and was wondering if mages can still hold their own in pvp?

Im thinking about reactivating my account but is there much room for someone with very limited playtime? Thanks for taking the time to read this!
  2. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Oct 21, 2008
    Yes, it is worth it. Yes, mages still dominate the battlefield, if played correctly. However, you may need to modernize your template a bit in order to become viable. Mysticism is a popular skill at the moment.
  3. IMO The game is better now then its ever been and well worth coming back even just to take a peek. The pvp is alil more "balanced" nowa days & 90% of the items are player made. Theres tones to do pve wise & with the high sea's comes a half way point to pvp if the form of boat fights in tram. You can't damage players but can scuttle their boats, It's so much fun youve gotta try it! :ten:

All teh best
    Pippin Luppin
  4. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Nov 17, 2009
    Yeah id say its worth coming back for ya. You probably have enough gold to update armor if you want to. Like the mageweapon that basically everyone uses, and as close to 75 dci as you can (i run with 65) Other than that, yeah the games changed alot, so theres plenty of new things to see and do :) Does take a bit to get used to tho, but still worth it.