1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Worth renewing account?

Discussion in 'Welcomes & Introductions' started by Frodo Baggins, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Frodo Baggins

Frodo Baggins Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have played on Pacific for years - have 2 accounts but have not played a lot the last year. My accounts have come up for renewal I pains me to pay again if the game is dying. A piece of me would die with the characters I have but not sure that piece is worth the $ anymore.
    Thoughts?

2. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Well there is an expansion coming "soon" and some shards are busier than others. I still find lots to do in game and have a great group of friends that I play with (that sounds dodgy!) so I would say yes. I dunno how busy Pacific is but it might be worth checking out ATL if you like to see a lot of people about.

3. Philly

Philly Journeyman
    The Valorian Knights

I would make a character on ATL hang around and see if you spark your fire back up.

Xantheria Ziona likes this.
  4. Saul

Saul Visitor

Why do you find it so hard to part with such a nominal fee for such an awsome game? Think of it as a virtual big mac once a week and you will be skinnier and less hungry.

5. Merlin

Merlin The Enchanter
    Moderator Professional Campaign Patron UWF

I think it's a bit overblown that the game is "dying". I mean sure, it's a mature game that is past it's hey-dey, but Atlantic shard still has a very active and vibrant community.

My guild on ATL would be glad to have you if you're interested and need any assistance getting back up on your feet. Feel free to send a PM or ICQ message.

Good luck and I hope you decide to stay in game :)

6. Gamer_Goblin

Renew and you at least get the xpansion free.

7. Diomedes Artega

Diomedes Artega Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I second and third what some others have said. The Atlantic Shard has always been a vibrant community. Good luck out there!

8. Bliss

Bliss Adventurer

I'd only activate one account to check it out. That's what I'm doing. In the last week I've been to one EM event but mostly been going through banks and getting a house set up for home base. There are people to talk to and do things with if you ask. (at least on Catskills though when I was jumping shard to shard to check what I had on characters, I did see action around inns/banks on other shards.) It's not what it used to be but it's not dead. I think the shard EMs are a big reason why it's still kicking. I'm seeing so many returning player posts lately.. :)

Merlin likes this.
  9. Whyterose

Whyterose Visitor

I just returned to UO after a 6-7 year absence, I play on Great Lakes and my guild, Guild of Friends, is still active so that makes coming back to the game much easier. There is so much more to see and do now! :)

10. Diomedes Artega

Stratics Veteran

That is quite neat the guild you were in is still the same one and quite active. This is not so common in games, especially 6-7 years time frame.

11. Xantheria Ziona

Xantheria Ziona Visitor

Hey there!

I recently reactivated after not playing actively since AoS days. It's so much fun. It's a blast seeing old friends and foes (the latter now friends as we're all old with kids now lol) and trying to make new templates.

After many years in WoW nothing compares to UO.

I am on LS but may be moving a toon or two to Atlantic. Let me know if you need anything on LS if you happen upon there.

12. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Yes it is worth renewing. The only cheaper entertainment would be doing something that costs you zero dollars. $10 a month is the cheapest of the chump changes.

Diomedes Artega likes this.
  13. Diomedes Artega

Stratics Veteran

How is LS? I've always played on Atlantic...good or bad I don't know. I had a toon on Origin for a while, but my friends on there don't play any more.