1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

would it be interesting?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Petra Fyde, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

To kick around a few ideas that use existing artwork and systems in a different way? Not with any expectation of getting them implemented I hasten to add.

One of my past ideas was:
    The travelling gypsies spawn in Ilsh added to Felucca, probably utilizing existing gypsy spawn points. These gypsies would be less picky than town folk and would sell to red characters. Drawback is, you'd have to find them before you could buy. (They might have higher prices too?)
    While I realise that most people have both blue and red chars, not all do. This is especially true on Siege. The side effect I'd hope for with this would be more use of overland Felucca and more widespread pvp encounters.

(and before the 'reds don't deserve anything' and 'fel v tram' debates start. Don't. btw, I don't actually have any red chars and am useless at pvp, but I care about the game as a whole.)

2. altarego

altarego Guest

I think it's an interesting idea. I'm not sure excatly how you'd implement it thought. The traveling gypsies in Ilsh are *supposed* to be cheap because they aren't alwasy in the same place and are generally surrounded by spawn.

I wouldn't be opposed, however, to something like town prices varying on a month-to-month random rotation to force people who farm vendor items to move around to different towns. Might help confuse scripters too.