1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Would rate of decay work?

Discussion in 'UO Factions' started by Cadderly, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Cadderly

Cadderly Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I'm excited that the dev team is looking at factions again but I would rather have a bunch of minor tweaks then a overall and be forgotten about for another 3 years to 10 years.

The faction artifacts that was introduced added a large population of faction players but very few of the new factioneers are participating which nobody can really argue.

Would adding a decay timer to the artifacts make a difference to faction participation. For instance, after you purchase your arti there is a two week timer of decay. If the faction does not own a town (any town) then your arti is destroyed. If your faction owns a town you have a 3 day period to travel to that town and use the faction monolith to reset your decay time. Heck even just owning a town to reset a decay timer would work.

aye or nay.

*goes back to training remove trap*

2. Cardell

Cardell Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

1. Get at me on icq.. I'll tell u how to train remove traps fast..

2. No it wont help to add a decay timer, I used to think it would, but then they added imbue items. The items you get from factions really aren't all that great anymore. Still useful, absolutely, but hardly the game breaking arties they were when they first came out.

I do however still think they should up the silver cost of this ****.. Triple at least.

3. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

i agree

then we can get more faction fights at demon temple and in hyloth, hehe

4. Cardell

Cardell Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

exactly! :thumbup1:

5. snowbunny024

snowbunny024 Guest

:gun: Blighted Grove:gee: