1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Would you come to Siege...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by TheScoundrelRico, May 19, 2009.

?

Would you come to Siege if they give a second slot per account?

1. Yes, I'd drop my current shard and move to Siege full-time.

5.5%
  2. Yes, but I would still play my current shard.

20.9%
  3. No

73.6%
  1. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

...if the only change made to the shard with the release of SA is adding a second character slot?

2. TheScoundrelRico

Guess this poll only is intended for those who don't already play the shard. Sorry for the additional Siege poll, but I felt it needed to be asked...la

3. EnigmaMaitreya

EnigmaMaitreya Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Just my 2cp's ..

Sorry but the point of SP was and should still be ... For advanced players. This set aside server should not be altered in principle, maintained certainly but not changed.

4. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

You should probably have had a "no, I have no interest in ever playing that ruleset" to distinguish between the people who you could pull over and those of us who are diehard Trammies.

5. TheScoundrelRico

We have plenty of Trammies on Siege. Just look at all the yes votes in the other poll...la

6. ^Wolfie^

^Wolfie^ Visitor

Not even remotely interested in Siege. Has nothing to do with the fel ruleset, but a few players (yours included rico) attitudes.

7. Maximus Neximus

Maximus Neximus Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran 4H

While a second character would be nice, the reason I don't play is because of ROT. I hate only being able to train so much a day, then just fighting ettins or whatever for months.

8. TheScoundrelRico

ROFL, so you have met me in game to base your judgement on the shard? Just a hint here...you should probably not assume anything...la

9. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Well one would think that people who don't prefer to play Siege in any way would not even vote here...

10. dukarlo

dukarlo Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I think Siege is plagued even worse than production shards by AOS rulesets. I like the fact there is no insurance but the problem is i dont think it works real well when the game is designed around items. A blessed uber weapon really throws things out of whack since most armor is only mediocre to to solid at best. Also it seems everyone on Siege has hiding which is annoying. Stealth tamers are ridiculously over powered. I do like the mentality of the players on Siege but in my opinion EA has messed Siege up just as bad as any other shard. If Siege was more of a pre aos ruleset I would definately play it more. I have a solid thief on Siege but things that came with aos like the steal something and die with it you keep it are just bad features. I wish Siege well but its like the red headed step child of uo as far as EA is concerned and is broke in so many ways.

11. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Honestly, the only way I would ever play Siege would be
    A: if I ever feel like training my skills up and have the time to do so
    B: if they ever allow a character transfer to that shad (unlikely but it would be nice. Maybe only allow it to happen in a small window of time)

12. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Siege has trammies. The OP of this thread is one of our biggest trammy newbs. :thumbsup:

13. Gosh... it's open voting now isn't it? Actually, an additional "I have no interest in Siege" option would have been better.

14. Magdalene

Magdalene Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

No, as in - having only one character is irrelevant to my decision to play Siege or not.

Other things are much higher on the list for me:
    - living out of the bankbox
    - walking everywhere*) unless you're a higher end mage
    - starting all over again
    - small pet peevee - scissors and knives/blades wearning out on cutting stuff

*) I know Iknow... but it's such a waste of time.

15. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Yep im a trammy, been on siege since day one and been red since 5 months into the shard. I never played on tram but I guess my vote in a poll makes me a trammy? How many reds do you run on siege? How many shown chars?
    Any pvp chars at all, or are you just a low risk nuisance of a thief?

16. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I never said people who have no interest in Siege shouldn't vote. What I said is that one would think they wouldn't bother voting. I know when there is a vote over something I don't care for I don't bother voting.

17. TheScoundrelRico

Actually, you can gate around (with scrolls) with 60 in magery.

But Mags, your post is what I have been trying to explain to those who think a huge influx of players would flock to Siege if we got a second character slot per account. It won't happen, but it will change the whole dynamic of Siege...one character, one account...la

18. TheScoundrelRico

Actually, I had 2 red accounts (both have been closed in the last few months. My thief is in factions and my mule is currently working all of his mage skills so i can get him out on the field. Like to guess more about my accounts or playstyle?...la

19. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Now Siege is not for all and many are a part of a community on their old shard so you can't expect 50% to want to join Siege. 10 % would be fine, would be enough to bring Siege back to life and fill the shard with players, it would be like 2 normal shards moving to Siege.

20. TheScoundrelRico

The shard would have to be majorly overhauled for people to come to Siege. For what ever reason (and there are many) Siege is a shunned shard. That is not going to change with an additional character slot...la

21. Phaen Grey

Phaen Grey Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Amount of characters doesn't influence my vote.

22. Kayne.

Kayne. Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I would come to siege if there was more than 40 people on at peak times. :(

I like all the recruitment posts........but until something changes i do not see siege lasting long.

23. FrejaSP

Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Every little helps or as we say in Denmark, many small brooks/streams make a river, one brook may not seem as much but it helps.

24. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Wanna toss out more blanket insults while talking out of your ass and invite me to continue my guessing game?

25. TheScoundrelRico

Please, feel free...la

26. The only way I would play on Siege [Again] would be if they allow us to place a home there and not have to worry about our primary shard house. I am not about to drop my tower on Sonoma for a place on Siege.

Archery 110.0 110.0
    Anatomy 101.2 100.2 +( 1.0)
    Healing 100.0 100.0
    Tactics 100.0 100.0
    Meditation 97.5 97.5 +( 0.1)
    Magic Resistance 86.5 86.5
    Hiding 68.6 68.6
    Magery 56.4 56.4

Str 102 95 (+7)
    Dex 95 95
    Int 40 40

If Siege was a shard like TC where we could place a home and not have our primary homes fall then I would play more there, but every since the one house one shard rule [unless grandfather] I have played on Sonoma and that is where I will remain till the house rule is changed.

27. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

That's funny because there aren't a lot of those who think a huge influx of players will flock to Siege if we get a second character slot.

The main reason we want a character slot is to enjoy the new content SA will be offering us without having to sacrifice the characters we currently have.

Keep up the good job in showing the world how out-of-wack your point of view is. :thumbsup:

You're so smert. :dunce:

28. I think more people would be interested in playing on Siege if they were able to have a house there without jeopardizing their production shard house(s).

29. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

exactly that's why I don't play there

30. I agree on the extra housing.
    Im not dropping my Tower on Atlantic to live on Siege.

Extra character slot....bleh, I have a halfway trained mage/thief character on there I dont play as it is.

Living out of a bankbox isnt fun IMO.

31. You can't if you want to play a crafter even halfway seriously.

32. your missing the i am there and dont want a second char slot vote

33. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie

NO one slot is enough if you need more you can play in tram.

34. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

...or you could open another account.

35. Bruin

Bruin Guest

Just wanted to clear up some misconceptions and offer some suggestions.

I know Siege seems like it is not that populated, but it is much more so than people give it credit for. Realize that people on Siege don't banksit like they do on prodo shards because well, you can be stolen from and murdered while banksitting. My characters are in 3 different guilds and usually during peak time we by ourselves have 30+ active. Also keep in mind, a shard like Pacific is geared towards players in the pacific time zone with specific peak times (like evenings during the workweek). Siege is geared towards all time zones, there are a lot of PST, EST, and European players which means there are fewer peaks and valleys in the shard population.

There are SEVERAL people on Siege willing to allow new people to hold private storage bins at their homes, so you would not have to live out of a bankbox. Heck, someone even offered up a nice home for use to any guild that wanted to come over. If that is the only issue, shoot me a pm and I can hook you up with several.

36. TheScoundrelRico

ROFL. And look who voted in the poll that they would come to Siege and dump their production shard. You are the type of person I made sure to make the poll public. You still play Atlantic so you couldn't even tell the truth when answering the poll question, which you either didn't read, or didn't understand...la

37. Sindris

Sindris Guest

I might consider siege if they allowed house placement, separate from normal production shards. There is no way I'd go to ANY other shard without a house to work out of. Also, do gems still drop as loot, and if they do, what do you do with them? Vendors that don't buy things is pretty annoying too.

38. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

So, it is the housing?

39. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

You're so smert. :dunce:

40. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

Craft stuff...

41. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Gather stuff... Siege vets are notoriously lazy and will pay out the wazoo for cloth, leather and ingots.

42. the 4th man

the 4th man Lore Master

I'd rather play WoW, and that's pretty bad.

43. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

I think plenty of players would come to Siege if they would allow character only transfers. I've recently given Siege a 2nd chance, and while skill gain is going ok with RoT, nothing would be better than to have an already worked character to jump right into the Frey....Let's face it, those of you that were smart enough and brave enough to start there from the beginning, have either multiple accounts with maxed out skills, or dbl digit soulstones with all the skills you need...

44. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

For me personally, it's no single thing that keeps me off of Siege, instead it's several aspects that build up to the point where I go "nah".

RoT is one
    Housing is one
    non-Con PvP is one
    Single character may or may not be one, since I have two accts anyway, I'd have two slots at my disposal if I chose.

But I think the biggest thing overall is that I simply do not play multiple servers that well. I've played on LS for over 11 years now. I have two houses on LS and one on Chessie. I never play Chessie and simply play "householder" for a friend that does (grandfathered from the one-per-shard ruleset which unfortunately was done on my main account that screwed up my housing options on LS in a way, but that's another story).

If people want to play Siege, that's 100% fine in my book, it's up to them, however there really isn't anything about Siege that draws me to it any more than any other shard would draw me away from LS, so all of these "would you play Siege if..." threads are really meaningless to me other than to slap another No vote when I feel that the Siege players have become a bit too Spammish in promoting their shard.

45. Smokin

Smokin Guest

If you threw in a extra house slot just for Siege only you might get more saying yes.

46. Blesh

Blesh Sage
    Stratics Veteran

The problem i've always had with siege isnt that i dont get two toons, its ROT.

I find it a waste of my time to take months on end to make a toon on siege, just to play on a near empty shard, be stolen from, and risk losing my armor/weapons/supplies everytime i die.

While the people who play siege embrace that, its not my idea of a good time.

I will admit, if they took away ROT and gave it insurance, i would play there. for one reason and one reason alone.

You've never gotten hit with dupes.

Grats on that.

47. FrejaSP

If the house is max 7x7 and have to be refreshed at least once a month, I would say ok

48. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Its true... im a huge trammie when I play, and I only play siege.

49. EnigmaMaitreya

EnigmaMaitreya Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

My guess is this is the single biggest show stoper.

*Shrug* We lived out of boats in towns at one time and aside from the hording aspect, I am not so sure I see all that much difference between living out of a boat and a house.

I accept all the exaggerations and I will maintain that some of the best memories of UO I have was when I and others lived on our boats in the Moonglow Harbor. Where we watched out for each other.

50. FrejaSP

If Siege lost insurance, it would not be Siege. The of be stolen from, and risk losing your armor/weapons/supplies everytime you die is the fundament for the shard and can't be changes.

Siege is not for all but for the ones who love the risk.