1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Fishing] Wow, for real?

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Trash Collector, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Since High Seas came out, I've managed to complete about 200 SOSs around the world, fished up thousands of fish, hundreds of new bows and kelp woven leggings and been fortunate to have a 110 scroll given to me. The same person felt sorry for me since I'd never seen a Strongbox in all the SOSs I'd completed.

I started a new fisher on my other account a few weeks back and have gotten him to 80 for fishing and thought "time to hit those SOSs again."

His second SOS ever: Strongbox.

2. Shelra

Shelra Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Jan 17, 2010
    Sweet! :thumbsup: I have yet to get one, wish me luck!
  3. Good luck!!

I got 6 dark sapphires, 2 brilliant ambers and gold ingots in the strongbox. Not bad, not bad.
  4. Destiny<3

Destiny<3 Guest

I have the same problem, still doing SOS from time to time...but still no strongbox!
  5. LordDrago

LordDrago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 26, 2004
    hmmm maybe time to put fishing back on and do some SoS's again
  6. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Feb 27, 2004
    I heard a rumor, just a rumor mind you, that some accounts/characters for some reasons might be "bugged" as in regards to getting some low chance drops (and the srongbox is a low chance drop....).

Could be just bad RNG luck or perhaps weirdness of the code, who knows.....

But I heard of the rumor.
  7. Gowron

Gowron Guest

I've done about 200 with negative results, but when I went out to do my next batch, I got 2 strong boxes. I still haven't gotten the polkadot bikini yet, but who knows? I have a feeling that things like these are rare for a reason.