1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

WoW in China

Discussion in 'WoW General Discussion' started by OmnicronX, Jun 8, 2008.

1. OmnicronX

OmnicronX Guest

I hear WoW is really hurting in China. Basically Take9 (the company that distributes WoW China) just provides awful service and is down all the time... so people are moving en mass to homebrewed Chinese MMOs. Does anyone know if this is true? How have WoWs #s been in China?

I think the days of the US dominating the gaming (and MMO) industries are really over.
  2. Lariat

Lariat Guest

Are they owned by EA/Mythic?
  3. Pashta

Pashta Guest

:eek:snap: :lol:
  4. Lag

Lag Guest

From what I've heard, they're not exactly losing members, but Take9 is worse than blizzard (if it's possible in some aspects). The chinese government has started electro-camps to shock addicts to stop their addiction, as well as the government censoring some parts of WoW (undead arent allowed to show torn skin/bones. Theyre basically dead humans now).

Also hi, I'm lag.
  5. Pashta

Pashta Guest

Hi Lag! What a name. I'd rather not become more acquainted with lag than I already have been, thanks very much. ;) I'm just joking with ya hehe.

The Chinese editing out torn skin and bones, how odd is that... Shock camps eh? Where did you read these interesting tidbits?
  6. Eldorian

Eldorian Guest

I'm assuming from the links he provided? :mf_prop:
  7. Nok

Nok Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008

I don't know the exact figure, but I believe it is around 25%.
  8. Pashta

Pashta Guest

Thanks, Lag. I'll go read them now. :)

edit: Wow! Look at this:

I wonder if that is really true, and if Blizzard will follow through on it so as not to lose all that Chinese cash. If it IS true, how would they deal with a level 70 player who is max xp? Still lower the xp so you could essentially go backwards to 69? LOL
  9. OleEjnar

OleEjnar Guest

Was thinking we would see less gold farmers then?
  10. Emuishere

Emuishere Guest

They also have a ban in effect that men cannot play fem chars at least for one game...