1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Wraith Form Without Meditation?

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Edmond_Dantes, Feb 10, 2010.

1. So I'm tossing around a template that I would like to try out as a PK necro/mage. Basically hiding/stealth is a must as I will probably be doing mostly solo stuff, but anyways here's what my template will look like *maybe* :)

100 hiding
    80 stealth
    100 magery
    120 eval
    100 necro
    120 spirit
    120 Wrestle

so I dropped meditation to pick up wrestling and was thinking... would it be possible to do okay if my gear has lots of MR and LMC if I solely ran around in wraith form? would that leech me enough mana back? yes yes i know i could use a mage weapon, but i would much rather be able to use a SC shield and a dandy spellbook that has nice mods.

anyways, is this possible? if not i can always switch wrestle for med and run with a mage weapon

2. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

No, not really.
  3. [JD]

[JD] Guest

I tried necro tamer without meditation and HATED it

dump your eval int or make room elsewhere for it, somehow
  4. haha, advice taken, thanks
  5. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

And having low meditation will make your MR items regen less.
  6. Mistura

Mistura Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

May 29, 2008

My recommendation would be don't try and run a Stealth Necro Mage for PvP its just a baad idea.

Instead maybe look at running a spellweaving mage. There are many benefits to this include some pretty useful summons that can deal alot of damage in a short space of time and spells that will keep you alive with massive hit point regeneration in tricky situations.

Or you could try a bush parry mage, quite good survivability with that also.

Its going to be pretty damn hard either way as mages are pretty underpowered and mainly useful in groups.
  7. [JD]

[JD] Guest

Don't know about the PVP part, but a Myst Necro would seem pretty darn handy at spawns. Toss in Magery for utility and mage weapons...

120 Magery/myst/focus/ss
    105 necro
    115 resist