1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Throwing] Wraith Thrower Template

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Bort of Atlantic, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Is there a somewhat standard template out there? I did a forum search and found nothing. Here's a guess --

120 Throwing
    120 Tactics
    120 Anatomy
    100 Healing
    90 Spirit Speak
    80 Chivalry
    50 Bushido
    40 Necromancy

The first 3 are no-brainers, as is 40 necromancy, but I don't know about everything else. 50 bushido b/c 120 doesn't appear to be that useful on a character that uses AI as the primary attack, 90 spirit speak is a guess as I don't know how much is actually needed to ensure AI mana is regained, 80 chiv may be too high, etc. Thanks in advance.

2. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

3. Thanks very much. There's info on both throwing wammy and throwing sampire if anyone is interested.

Question on Dark Wolf and Bake Kitsune -- do you have to keep healing the Bake Kitsune and resummoning the wolf as needed? I'm not sure how I could keep those alive.

4. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

This is what I am running today for my wraith thrower:

120 Throwing
    100 Tactics
    100 Bushido
    100 Anatomy
    100 Healing
    100 Chivalry
    60 SS (+10 on jewels to get 70)
    40 Necromancy

I am very happy with this setup with 180+ stamina and 45 SSI total on the suit and weapon combined.

-OBSIDIAN-

5. Gorbs

Gorbs Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I use 110 bushido and only 80ish chivalry. I believe 108 is required for 100% chance of momentum strike.

6. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I'd recommend dropping SS to 60 and raising Bushido to 80 for a mana reduction on special moves.

Other than that, it's exactly what I run. I've yet to get a breastplate of the berserker though :(

7. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Lets see if I can remember my wraith warrior:
    120 throwing
    100 tactics
    100 bushido
    100 necromancy
    100 spirit speak
    100 anatomy
    100 chivalry

I think I had more tactics and anatomy (110 each) and less chivalry (80)

With the option of both vampire and wraith form, as well as curse weapon, healing was a total non-issue. Vamp form was great against fast monsters, but 95% of the time I used wraith form and armor ignored the heck out of everything. When you hit for 200+ every time, mana and life are never a problem. I wouldn't have used healing if I had it.

8. Tefery

Tefery Guest

can a whammy solo champs like a sampire? i rlly want to work on something thats not my tamer bard and cant figure out what to make. I honestly dont know if ill ever have enough cash to make one of those godly sampire suits

9. Gorbs

Gorbs Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Yes. There are only two differences of importance. You won't have reduced damage from exceptional barding on swamp dragon when in wraith form (or ever as a thrower), and you will need to remember to cast curse weapon. On the thrower you're trying not to stand toe-to-toe so it's mostly just casters to worry about damaging you in bursts.

As for your statement about the cash, I'm assuming you will not have the SSI needed to be most effective. It should still work, but will be a little slower and you may have to be a little more cautious.

10. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I like the thrower for things that are slow and I can stand a few tile spaces away (i.e. Rikktor, Slasher, etc). I use my sampires for things that get right up in your face.

11. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

You don't have to have one of those really good suits to solo champs.... but they do help.