1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by spoonyd, Sep 14, 2008.

1. spoonyd

spoonyd Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    Ok we all know that wrestling takes a weapon skill that allows you to dodge attacks to allow your spells to be casted. We also know that DCI adds to this defense chance but what about when trying to para blow or disarm? We need HCI for this right or we'll miss a LOT against people with DCI?

Say we do get a para blow off. It's breakable on damage right? If all this is the case, then isn't wrestling overrated? What about the page listed below? Any comments? :scholar:

2. Sir Kenga

Sir Kenga Guest

Yes you need HCI to hit specials relyably. Otherwise u will miss many times in a row against 45 DCI. Add 120 parrying and your hit rate will be extremly low.
  3. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Oct 12, 2005
    Plus, bare hands swing pretty slow. 2.5 speed (like a katana). A dagger is fast 2.0. So mages usually have very low dex and almost no way for swing speed increase while holding their book and shield.
    But it can be a useful skill.
  4. GFY

GFY Guest

The big special for mages as far as wrestling goes is disarm.

With disarm you can cause dexxers to drop their weapons into their packs. Since it isn't a to hit special HCI really doesn't apply. My mage has 10 dex and no hci and I have almost no problem disarming dexxers. The only problem I've had is when my stamina drops. I carry some refresh pots and as soon as I drink a refresh the dexxer I'm fighting drops his weapon! :owned:

Now if you get a paralyze off you can step back and cast a explosion/flame strike combo on your opponent without him moving, or casting a spell! :flame: