1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Wrestling with magery Question

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by L1Z4RD, Oct 5, 2011.

1. L1Z4RD

L1Z4RD Guest

Does wrestling require tactics to perform the specials, or are there some magic skills that can substitute in for tact?

...or do all parry wrestle mages run with 90 tact on their templates?

2. icm420

icm420 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Three specials do not require tactics.

Wrestling (disarm/stun punch)

Poisoning (infectious strike) needs weapon skill however, so example is 70 fencing to use a dagger.

Shadow Strike- needs stealth and weapon skill similar to poisoning.

So no wrestle parry mages do not need tactics to use specials. Anatomy and Eval is supposed to be the same as wrestling without specials (saving 20 points total on template) however it doesn't seem to work correctly.

3. L1Z4RD

L1Z4RD Guest

Yes, disarm and stun are the two I am looking for.

Thanks for your quick answer..... However, I had 70 wrestling on a toon a few days back and i tried to do the primary ability and it said I needed 70 skill in weapons and tactics to perform that.

....any ideas? Skill wasn't boosted.....but it was on a dex toon, and not a mage char.

4. icm420

icm420 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

That is weird.. with 70 wrestle you should be able to disarm.. if not then it's either a bug or something has been changed that I did not know.

5. L1Z4RD

L1Z4RD Guest

it seems tactics are required now for wrestling specials....LAME.

I can understand its used to balance out these crazy mage templates.....but wrestling should either do more damage or perhaps require less tactic points to perform specials imo.

maybe 30/50 tact skill for specials.

6. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Really? I saw no publish notes indicating this change.

I'm going to test this when I get home.

7. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I just read this so I tested it myself. My wrestle mage can do specials no problem and has no tactics. Disarmed an opponent as normal.

8. L1Z4RD

L1Z4RD Guest

I wonder why I wasn't able to do the special then..... perhaps it requires high magery and or eval on the template?

Either way, thanks for confirming you dont need tact.

9. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

That is certainly a good question. I jumped on test center, removed all of my skills and then set wrestling to 70 (which is the minimum for the primary special). It worked fine.

10. RawHeadRex

RawHeadRex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

if you have your hands equiped with a book or shield you need higher dex in order to pull-off disarm etc.

11. KingHen

KingHen Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

That or a SC lantern or even a nifty fishing pole works, or did the last time i tried