1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Good swords wep.

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Nickster, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Nickster

Nickster Guest

I there,
    I am a necro swordsman in training :) wanting to buy a good wep! i am doing mainly PvM atm as i am still training my char but i want a good wep, i hunt cyclopse and titans aatm and am using soulseeker. but i want to be able to hunt other stuff too so need a good wep that i will be able to PvP with also when the time comes, i don't have millions, looking to spend perhaps 150-200k on the wep.
    let me know what you have got.
  2. archite666

archite666 Guest

Well you definitly would want something with DI, SSI, Hit fireball generally, FC if possible, maybe even a split damage of fire and poison.

Anatomy however has no business on your template. My advice, pick up bushido.
  3. Nickster

Nickster Guest

even with necro? does the anat not boost damage or would i gain more from bushido? to be honest my template knoledge was sound up to around publish 16 :)
    after that i am a newb hehe, i will take any advice given though, if the damage bonus from anat isn't worth mentioning that i will drop for bushido, i will just have to learn how to use it :)
  4. RichDC

RichDC Guest

I agree with cash...

Definatly drop Anat for Bushido!!!

In PvM you will maximise damage with Honour and Lightning strike...fara FAR greater than anatomy ever will!!!

In PvP as he said in other thread you get all those bonuses...plus the pots and lightning stike which can be a 5mana cost ar ignore (when you crit strike youll do 35damage)

For the weapon PvM look for leeches...lots and lots of leeches!!!

Mainly try to focus on HLA HLD Stam Leech and Mana leech...with DI and SSI, if you get lucky and can get a hit spell too then you can transfer that to PvP as well.

Im guessing your using the necro for vamp form?? If so dont worry about Life leech you gain a ton from vamp and worst case scenario if you need that boost you can curse weapon.
  5. Nickster

Nickster Guest

i use curse wep and wither and strangle and as you stated vampire form, as i have no healing other than spirit speak curse wep is a blessing for me hehe, and with the 60% ssi on the soulseeker i have it heals very well, espicially if i use whirlwind sdtrike on a few targets :) from redline to full health :)

all in all i can hold my own well in PvM i do well at champ spawns and generally can take paragon's up to cyclopse 1-1 but para-titans own me rather fast as i am not maxed out on fast cast so i fail to get SS heals off and my potion macro's are sloppy but i am getting better with practice, how does karma effect Bushido if at all as i am now dread karma level :) thought it was fitting from a necro perspective :)
  6. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Karma has no bearing on Bushido,

With bushido you will destroy paragon titans, the template your running is in essence a prodo shards solo Dreadhorn killer.

It is designed to do stupid damage PvM, i have seen people solo doom with this remplate including DF. Not one who plays this template would entertain not using bushido, its in essence suicide.

Basically, the harder you hit...the more life you leech, with bushido and perfection that gives you and additional 100% DI, as well as increases your base DCI by about 30% (not exactly sure)...so...you hit harder (more leech) and get hit less(less leech needed).

Anatomy is useful for healing, but without healing...pointless.

Your temp gna look like this?

120bushido (trust us)
    45chivalry(all depends on how many points you got...take this as high as final points will allow)

If you like dread title chiv...no no!!

Instead try

Raise SS to 120 and dump the rest into SW (aim for 40)
  7. Nickster

Nickster Guest

was going to look like this but with what you guys have said i am thinking it needs a re vamp (no necro pun intended :) )Swords(120) , Tactics(115), Anat(115), Parry(115), Necro(120), SS(115)

if i go
    120bushido (trust us)
    100 Tactics

this leaves me 40 points remaining to put wherever, you mentioned spellweave? whats it like? i have not seen it in action. i do fully intend to PvP so i am not all about PvM its just how i like to raise skills :)
  8. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Spell weaving will give you that extra edge in PvP, not so much PvM with the low levels.

At 40 you will be able to summon pixies(great fun mas casting mini spells!), you can cast Gift of life(auto res-handy if your pixies are chasing the person of...you can res and auto loot your corpse).

Attunement (Damage absorbtion)
    Gift of renewal(up to about 15hp regen)
    Natures furies(mine Ev's that do poison damage...stick with pixies!)
    Thunderstorm(area spell for revealing...wither wont reveal all other times use wither.)

Youll kind of have all bases covered, you can add alot of damage with those pixies and (providing you get circles) nice amounts of healing so your not always reliant on the pot timer.
  9. Nickster

Nickster Guest

great advice! flipping anatomy. Pfffft, screw that hehe, i will be dropping later and picking up bushido! may have to invest in some nice shields too if anyone selling any! once i get to GM in my primary skills i will look at PvP :)

also where will i get a spellweaving spellbook, is there a quest or something to get one as i have not seen any of them about :( also, this is going to sound stupid but will my own pixies attack me as i have super low karma?
  10. Kiwillian

Kiwillian Guest

To get SW you need to do a quest. Not sure where but probably the elf tree house. :)
  11. RichDC

RichDC Guest

No They wont attack you...however to get the pixie quest you may want to raise karma for a while...otherwise the pixies on the quest will tear you up!!

If your going bushido...drop the shield...you parry better with a 2handed weap or 1handed and no shield than you will with a shield...infact, with bushido and a shield you actually parry less than parry on its own and a shield.
  12. Nickster

Nickster Guest

is it the pixies quest where you get the SW spell book? also where can i get the quest to get a spell book :)

13. RichDC

RichDC Guest

The quest is in heartwood, the one for the pixie spell is called summin like firends of the fey(quest chain)

There is another arcanist who gives you the Spellweaving quest to get book and use spells(you need to gather some stuf like honey and cotten bales)
  14. Nickster

Nickster Guest

right, i will sort my Karma out and see if i can find heartwood hehe, bloody pixies!
  15. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

May 16, 2008
    I think I have a katana laying around with like..

43 fireball

You're welcome to it for free, if you'd like. I can hop on tonight and try to find you something better.
  16. Kiwillian

Kiwillian Guest

Go to Yew. Somewhere there (I forget where exactly, south-ish maybe) there is a dude standing by a weird looking gate. Walk into that and it will take you to the tree house :)
  17. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Its right in the Centre of town...if you run left (forget compass directions when i cant see map) from yew gate you will hit the centre, its right by the faction monolith if that helps.
  18. Nickster

Nickster Guest

You sir are a gentleman! i have sent you a PM, thank you

Thanks for the heads up mate, i will be in Endor in no time... oh wait thats Ewok's!

Thanks Rich,
    I will find it later on man
  19. Bruin

Bruin Guest

Uhh, am I the only one that thinks this guy need some meditation somewhere in his template if he's going to rely on Necro/SS/Chiv/Bushido for healing and offensive punch?

Yeah you can pick up MR gear, but I still wouldn't rely exclusively on MR gear.

Also, the soul seeker is a very good pvm weapon, stick with that for its purpose.

As for pvp, you will need something better. A nice way to get some decent items is the gaman quest just to build up an inventory. Ask around or google it (uoguide).
  20. RichDC

RichDC Guest

For the PvM side, so long as the Weapon hold a decent amount of Mana leech(above 40) hell be able to smash all day and leech...at the end damage PvM will be in the high hundreds!

For PvP, Its all about mana conservation and learning when to use what...alot like any temp, difficult but achievable. Plus if...big if...he can keep the LS's up there is a high probability that he will leech enough mana to continue using those even in PvP (they only take about 7 with no LMC)