1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

WTB: Luck Suit

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Aislin*SP, May 14, 2009.

1. Aislin*SP

Aislin*SP Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I'm luckless - please help me out! I'd like to buy a semi-decent luck suit (2200 or more). Does anyone sell such a beast, and what do they run?

Thank you!
    -- Aislin

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

2200? That's a heck of a lot of luck - semi decent? I'm not even sure how you'd make one that high.

3. Aislin*SP

Stratics Veteran

Heh - well color me uninformed, then. Various posts I've seen here alluded to suits that ran from 2200 (referred to as not particularly good) to over 3000. It looks like I've vastly misunderstood the mechanics involved.

What is semi-decent these days?

Thanks!
    -- Aislin

4. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The 3000+ luck suits are only attainable with perfection and the 10th anniversary luck statue... (the amount of luck you get boosted by the statue depends on how old your character is.)

150 - jester hat of chuckles
    200 - luck necklace
    200 - armor of fortune
    140 - sleeves (usually 125 from stormgrips)
    140 - gloves
    140 - legs
    400 - Jewels (set from spring turn-in) otherwise up to 200 luck
    95 - robe

That right there is 1465... with swords of prosperity it's 1665, (jaana's staff makes it 1685 luck) and with the luck statue bonus (for me) would push my tamer to 2415 - 2435 luck (for an hour)

If I used that suit on a bushido chiv archer in wraith form to do lady mel... (obviously without the swords of pros) I'd have 2215 luck and when I kill lady mel with perfection... it would boost me to 3215 luck.

hope that helped?

5. Aislin*SP

Stratics Veteran

Draxous - oh yes - that helps immensely - thank you! This is going to be a challenge, but sure to be fun. My account is 137 months.... so the sculpture will be a nice bonus. Now, to find one... :)

6. gmcbroom

gmcbroom Guest

Is it possible to get that statue as a drop in a dungeon? or can you only get it by either 1) buying it from another player or 2) getting it from UO as an anniversary gift? Hell, now I want one. :)

7. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

The sculpture is a 10th anniversary drop, obtainable by hunting in the old virtue dungeons.

8. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

There are a bunch of them sitting on a vendor at the Yew gate...la

9. Liz Borden

Liz Borden Guest

You can also get a luck bonus from the Sphynx if you are "lucky" enough on the fortune.

Liz

10. Nickster

Nickster Guest

Big D's yew vendor has some great luck stuff on them... might put a dent in your pocket book though