1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

WTB: PvP

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Critical Gaming, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Critical Gaming

Critical Gaming Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Alright seriously, I don't see a point in playing when NOBODY NOBODY! LEAVES THE HOUSE!!!!

V - What the hell is the matter with you guys?! GET OUT OF THE HOUSE, PLAY THE DAMN GAME!! I bet you I could go AFK for 10 minutes next to any one of your members and I wouldn't get flagged on =\

TnT - Sure is a lot of fights since we went CoM. /sarcasm. I'm tired of your ****. You talk like we ruin PvP being in minax, then we leave and its the same old story =\

LOW - I killed two or three of your members in the past two or three weeks, then they haven't logged in since. Can't equip yourselves or what? If it helps I can give death his faction arties back free of charge!! (ICQ me 225199894)

I propose TnT/V/JSV make an alliance, because apparently nobody can fight me 3v1, or any of our members for that matter =\

2. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

You forgot to *flex*.

3. burdensrise

burdensrise Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

3v1? you mean more like 3v1 not counting sakie, kage and sunchicken am I correct?

Guess you guys will just have to wait for a few hours for some people to log on.

4. Skwiz

Skwiz Guest

I woulda fought you when i ran up to ya.. but you hit me with a Para (Jumped the gun) so i assumed sakey had an Evil Omen up and i really didnt feel like getting killed like that.

5. burdensrise

Stratics Veteran

Right on they got me dismounted mana vamp para spammed 5v1 ! Got critical dead moments before so its worth it.

sakie
    sunchicken
    kage
    beeze
    brook
    critical gaming

Good fights, untill next time

P.S. You guys selling back faction items or trashing?

6. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Everything I got is on my vendor at Yew Gate.

Ps. I love mana vamp after a timed dismount :)

7. burdensrise

Stratics Veteran

and you did a very good job of it. I knew I was dead when I came out but its better than staying in the damn house.

8. Critical Gaming

Stratics Veteran

QFT

9. Bruin

Bruin Guest

Join the server wars.....

10. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Qft

11. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

House fighting in GM armor?

No thanks.

12. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

or runic armor....or cursed artifacts...or non cursed artifacts

Basically UO as it was before the faction changes....cept no Luna

13. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Then what is the point? If you allow cursed artifacts and non cursed artifacts I can makes the same exact suit I run today in factions...

You are only making it harder to build the suits but trust me it can be done with a little effort.

You are actually making it harder for you guys to compete bye not being in a faction because those other items are harder to obtain than farming silver.

14. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

... what kage said

15. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Well good.

Then everyone won´t wear them. I know I won´t...

16. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

So then why don't you all muster the balls to fight factions in GM armor? Stat loss too much for you to handle?

**tear**

You make ass loads of gold killing another factioner and selling them back their suit at little cost to you.

It's even better, because you sell it back for PROFIT rather than loot the arties/runics and lock them down on your porch (which is what you and most others do in your idea.)

It's easy for us (420) to run faction equivalent gear and not be in factions... there's no real difference and it's the main reason you don't see us pancakes like the rest of the shard. We've been running good stuff on this level for years now... FOR YEARS NOW (bolded to help that sink in.)

And now that you guys can have access to faction stuff... you belly ache over it?

When before you were perfectly content fighting peeps in l33t armor versus your GM crap?!?!?

like, really!?!?

Suck-it-the-****-up already.

17. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Yes those items are harder to obtain than just grinding out silver.

I have never had an issue with someone having an awesome suit made with runic gear and cursed artifacts.

Again not to get back into the faction item argument but I just don't agree that faction items should be as powerful as they are nor have the impact to change peoples templates as much as they have.

18. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

Faction artys haven't changed templates at all.

You do realize that forsaken was running a necro mage with a -20 1 hander before the faction crap came about!?!?!?!?

and he had like 6-10 back up suits already made.

You do realize this!?!?!?

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

You guys have deluded yourselves into thinking ridiculously about this that no amount of fact or reason is going to change your mind.

So whatever... carry on with your stupid war. Let me know when you realize how stupid it is.

19. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor

Why are you crying? Was it something I said?

That´s interesting...

Why so upset?

20. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

I'm annoyed that you all are lame rather than sucking it up and going out and just fighting.

That is why I'm upset... so can I get a hug now? pls?

Thanks.

21. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor

Well, that´s exactly what we intend to do. Go out there and just fight...

22. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Hard to find pvp when theres no one playing.

That is what UO has become now though...

*golf clap*

23. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Wow....your stubborn. Can't handle someone else having a different opinion than yourself.

It's wonderful that your idol Forsaken had 6-10 ornies, crystaline rings ect ect to make a good amount of backup suits. Most people I saw out there fighting didnt and to be honest with you that one handed mage wep that he uses now looks very very familar to me.

So tell you what...you keep up your stupid and delusional faction fights with the very same artifacts that every Trammel guild on Atlantic is wearing though they never hit Fel. Keep on complaining about lack of opponents and house hiding and sell backs.

At least some of us are trying to have a bit fun in the game by having servers wars compared to just crying about others opinions.

24. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

To get all the facts straight here..

1) I blessed a ring with: FCR 2, 15 Magery, 12 DCI, 5 Int, 6 Fire Resist
    2) I stocked up on -21 to -25 SCNP Mage Weapons
    3) I didn't have a -20 SCNP Mage Weapon until Speedy hooked me up, ty Speedy.
    4) I had quite a bit of Cursed Ornys, all of which I had to buy, unless I got some as loot via PvP. *I wasn't here for it..*
    5) Suit consisted of; Fey Legs (human), Totem of the Void, Heart of the Lion/RBC, Cursed Orny, Sammy Helm/Aegis of Grace/Cursed Hat of the Magi, MR1-2 + LMC runic sleeves, gorget, gloves, and my blessed ring.

If I could of found a nice 1/3 or 1/2 ring with 15 Magery, 10+ dci, etc.. I would have ran Greater Heal Wands like Nym. That ring was/is harder to find.

:D And let me tell you, TAKE AWAY FACTION ARTIES, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD... Because that only makes it easier to own everyone IMO. Especially on my bok bok.

25. Bruin

Bruin Guest

I'm doing what I like.

You do what you like.

Quit pancakes.

If you want someone to fight, join us. Or do what all the pk guilds in the past did, pk us. It's funny how all the damn pk guilds of the past went blue once we all joined factions - can't muster up the balls to go red anymore?

26. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

Can't handle someone having a different opinion than myself? Say what? This isn't about having a different opinion. This is about the truth behind the smoke and mirrors you hide behind.

Or is it the bigger problem that you couldn't pull the wool over my eyes?

You're not fooling anyone... well, maybe yourself? The facts are the facts. My guild has run good items since before this faction stuff even came about. The reality of it is that, now that you all have easier access to the stuff you never used before... you want to protest the use of it now? All because it didn't do much for you?

Cool. So like I said, join factions and fight in GM armor if that's what you want. You guys fought against us who were wearing uber suits before... and all of a sudden its a big deal? LOL

I guess just go do the server war thing (which is the same thing I see trammy guilds do all the time with their RP wars) and call it a day.

I don't get why you don't go to Trammel and RP with the best of them? Wear the GM armor you love so much? They do this kind of **** all the time. At least then you won't be crying about when you die and lose your items so ****ing much that you have to call it quits from the world and organize these super secret GM armor battles of lameness?

Sounds like you need item insurance. You can even insure that awesome GM armor!

Personally, I LOVE looting my kills. I hate insurance. I LOVE not having Trammel on this shard. I hate Trammel. Those are the ONLY two differences between Siege and every other shard. So yes, I'm going to be tricked out in my uber gear like they do, tab dancing on your corpse.

Because I play PRESENT-DAY Ultima Online... where we have artifacts and item properties and so many other things. This isn't 1999 where we're pvping with GM armor and 20 of ea reg.

Well let me welcome you to 2009... 10 freaking years later.

Jesus.

27. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor

What´s there to cry about? We´ll suit up again and get back into the fight.

Yes, he´s in our guild. Shall I tell him you´re looking for him?

So much anger and because of what? Only reason I can come up with is that you can´t kill us without taking counts and you don´t want that.

28. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

I tell you what, muster up a higher population, and I'll gladly reopen another account just to have a red. Once upon a time I had 6-7 accounts going on my CC, 2 reds at that. Forsaken and Sik- (I had 3 Forsaken's at the time lol) red necro mage, red necro mage that was converted into 4/6 chiv nox dexer).

But seriously, muster up a higher population and I'm sure you'll see more Pks. Even the all mighty evil guild, TnT, will have more reds.

Just my .02 though.

29. Critical Gaming

Stratics Veteran

I don't want to go red for multiple reasons:

1. Not getting tamer ganked by the 2-3 blue tamers that accompany the two faction tamers
    2. This is my only account and I need to stay blue for spawns
    3. Because this is my only account, I need to be blue to buy regs and the such

Prior to now, I've played a red consistently for a good 3-4 years on SP.

30. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

WOW lmao :p

Anger Management for the win!!

1) I don't roleplay..course it doesn't bother me when others do it...Wrym was voted a legend of siege because of his roleplay.
    The most common element that I have seen posted about you is that you don't play on Siege..your a closet trammy shard dweller :thumbsup:

2) You have never tapped danced on my corpse before. Not because of my awesomeness but rather I have never seen you in game. Many of the best have killed me and always was fun for me.

3) I do prefer old time UO ( circa 2008 even ) compared to the garbage faction "enhancements" they tossed out to make factioners happy and stop the bitter tears. Enhanced artifacts have ruined the game and have been the number one cause for dropped balls retracting back into the body.

31. Bruin

Bruin Guest

1. Then don't fight me.

2. Interesting, I'm a trammy twink that can't handle playing on this shard, even though I've been playing on this shard for ~9 years?

3. As I said before,

I'm doing what I like.

You do what you like.

Quit pancakes.

:next:

32. Aislin*SP

Aislin*SP Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Just wondering if any ladies have posted in this thread yet? (Don't know all of you).

LOL.

Aislin

33. burdensrise

Stratics Veteran

I could not possibally agree more with Kage on this one.

34. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Easier is not always better...

35. TigerDyr

TigerDyr Guest

1: Faction arties do allow certain templates to be play`d more now, since you need certain items to play em and as everyone here has stated its far more easy to gather the silver for the items than actually finding them or buying the with gold. (there by saying that those with wealth can still play em, I for one wont be able to not that I try as it is)

2: If you can make those suits so easy without the faction arties, then for god sake quit the faction and join the war... It will just be that much more rewarding for us to finally get you down and loot the stuff you wear. Plus you will prolly see more fights your way since you wear that much greater stuff, so that should be more of a challendge to you.

3: More people to fight, newbies and experienced players a like.

If you dont like the idea of the war, stick with factions. But this is a great initiative to have some "new" fun for awhile... You can always go back to factions, but this war can be exceptional if people will gather up and support it.

What do you have to lose??? (besides putting the faction arties and silver aside for awhile??)

Hope you all will consider it once more, espesially you lot from KoC/420 since you are the leading pvp guild still.

36. Nickster

Nickster Guest

i came to siege after coming back to UO and hating Europa.... bloody insurance. carebear land and what not.... and i remember from days of old that the cream of the crop of PvP happened here, and from what i see when i am running around we have some awesome pvp'rs here.....

what i am getting at is i came here to fight with guys/gals like you once i am trained up but all i see of late is moaning on the boards and little action in the game, we all know that most of the people posting on here to one degree or another can hold there own in PVP, why not just use whats availible, play the game how we like to play it and have fun... house hiding and moaning about losing suits is just as bad as insurance.... if you don't wanna lose it, then dont use it... if you want to fight then by all means fight! i would rather die with my blade swinging and fingers blasting out spells than getting hit in the back by ebolts as i ran on my steps...

this shard is mean to be about vets fighting vets and not having the fluffy little insurance filled baby world... lets just start acting like vets and start fighting, you lose a suit?? get another one, its a game after all, i persoanlly like suit building i like the a whole farming gold and looking for pieces and stuff, i have been given gear by poster on this board and because when i engage in a fight i try to fight i am yet to lose a suit as i get a res or i get my body looked over and left for me to return,,, if we all start to show the spirit that this shard was built on the game will be much more fun for everyone who is active in PvP.

come on guys!
    us newbies look up to you, grow a pair and get fighting! you may find that you will gain each others respect then dry loots and PvP for buyback gold might just fade out.

that is all...

*insert slow clap here?* lol

thanks for reading.

37. Critical Gaming

Stratics Veteran

I just want to state that you're "doing what you like," which is what most people here do, despite making thread after thread about community efforts to get this shard going again. Siege Perilous is known for being a "PvP" or "Vet" server.

As stated earlier, the faction arties make it easier for those who can't farm bods/artifacts (being that its 1 char per account) to create a feasible suit for PvP. Given that the community doesn't trade around loads of BODs here, it makes it nearly impossible to make a feasible suit without faction artifacts for those who can't farm/fill/turnin BODs or farm doom for a year to get an orny. Taking away these artifacts will result in the good players that don't die wearing cursed arties/ML arties and runic, while the rest of you sport GM armor and are still outgeared. I've been listening to complaints about gear since the EVO/OTF days.

This is a VET/PVP server, not a pre-aos server. Items have mods, and you need to learn to stack mods in order to compete. That's what this game is. A suit of GM armor isn't going to cut it in this day and age.

Learn to play. Its easy to farm silver especially considering the low population atm. You could easily farm 10-15k silver a day and have a suit together within a week. Any character can kill daemons so again, no excuses. Bronze hammers run 150-250k apiece and have 35 charges. Get a friend to burn it for you, and your suit is just as good as anyone elses. Get the gold to afford these items by doing champ spawns and harrowers. You get 300k per spawn, 1m per harry, PLUS scrolls that sell. Not to mention SoTs which sell 10k per .1.

On a final note, I'm tired of the complaints and excuses. If its not one thing its another. And if you can't find anything to complain about or you're out of excuses, we're cheaters. =\

38. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I want to highlight this part of his post, because you can make some pretty killer Samurai Plate armor from bronze hammers, and when exceptional, it automatically carries the mage property tag.

39. Critical Gaming

Stratics Veteran

If there is more demand for lower end runics (assuming people learn how to make gold), the crafter population will most likely pick up as there is money to be made.

And now being that trial accounts are no longer useful for collecting bods to make the runics, crafters can collect bods from noobies just starting out and put some money in their pockets too.

I know I personally would pay up to 3k per tailor reset.

The only obstacle I see that is preventing siege from becoming more populated (aside from the community flaws) is RoT discouraging new players. This is quite controversial though.

40. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

I think PvM and monster loot is what's killing this shard. Look at this freaking thread and all the cry babies in it crying about faction gear and "WAAAAAHHHHH how the items have ruined the game."

It's obvious that once the general population of Siege got a taste of what it was like to have access to easy gear and then be clobbered into not being able to use it... they were going to cry about it.

Faction rank 1 items cost 50k in gold to buy back.

5k silver at (40 to 1... hell, even 30 to 1) costs 150 to 200k to purchase.

See a big difference there?!?!?

The out-right cost is what arty types of items have ALWAYS cost and it's why us rich/elite are able to run them and why the rest of the shard has not been able to.

Faction gear has changed NOTHING aside from making this type of gear **SEEM** more available to the rest of the population. Now that everyone has a taste for it... they want to belly ache over the fact that things haven't changed and the same few are enjoying the awesome new content while the rest of you don't get to.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now why everyone isn't supporting beefing up PvM loot and runic kits so this problem is fixed... is beyond me.

41. Critical Gaming

Stratics Veteran

Even though there are things that need fixed, we all know how long it would take to get anything changed (and in most cases, it won't get changed)

So at the moment, siege as a whole needs to learn how to play with what's available. Its possible, but the same people complaining about how we need to join together as a whole and make this shard a better place, these VETS, are either uninterested in doing the work it takes to get items, or don't know how (even after 9 years of playing here, sadly).

Faction arties take away the impossibility of getting together a good suit (again, 1 char slot) and actually make it easier to wear it on the field. 9 times out of ten your gear will get sold back to you, and if not, take some time to farm.

I've been back for about 2 months, and within the first month I created quite a collection of evil dyed stuff. Cursed AoF, pendant of the magi, multiple good runic pieces, totem of the voids, etc...

I didn't know we were going CoM until 2 days prior to it happening, so I farmed my silver, burned some runics bought some totems and I was ready to go again!

If I can do it, so can all of you.

42. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

Apparently not...

43. Critical Gaming

Stratics Veteran

I just sold a 120 eval/resist for 3m per. That's how easy it is to make money my friends. I probably did 4-5 spawns.

44. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I agree totally with 420 in regards to the difficulty in making a non faction suit, trust me I have been doing it for the last 3 days, that being said what I see over the last week is 420 fielding 4/5 toons and no other guild has the numbers to fight them.
    I have stated several times that Critical/kage/Sakie are insanely good pvpers, and one or two tnt a V and a single JSV are no match, for one reason or another tnt #s have dropped off and we can't field enough pvpers to stand a chance against 420...

I feel the war will level out the playing field for the normal pvpers, if and when tnt has the man/women power to compete I will vote to go back to factions, until then its Server Wars for me!!

I am looking forward to this war for the sole reason that I will not have to look for 420 in my rearview mirror (and believe me, they come up fast...) its seems you guys are so good that you will have to play with yourself...

enjoy!!

45. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Or just deactivate our blues and activate our reds :p

46. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

lawl

47. Bruin

Bruin Guest

Totally agree with you here. PvP on Siege is for the rich. It used to be PvP on prodo shards was for the rich, and pvp was available to everyone on Siege because extremely high end items didn't exist in mass. That changed with cursed and faction artifacts - but not so much that they are affordable to everyone.

I'm not rich. I don't have the means, desire, nor time to become rich. I would rather spend my time enriching the game for my guildmates and/or using my wealth for that purpose. Yes, this is completely my choice and I realize that. This is why I am a big proponent of these server wars.

However my choice doesn't change the fact that:

1 - those with the best items on Siege win in pvp
    2- the best items cost lots of gold
    3 - therefore pvp is for the rich

Now if you have two people with relative equal item levels, then skill matters. But there is just no way in hell that I, running 25 hci and 0 dci on a melee character, will EVER beat a melee character no matter how unskilled they are running faction arties with 45 hci and 45 dci.

48. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

:::NEWS FLASH:::

Siege PvP has been for the rich/elite since AoS... hell, I'd even go back to publish 16.

The rich had +20 scrolled out characters, orny's and [blessed] Hat of the Magi, the rich had PBDs when no body else did. The rich had [blessed] sammy helm/ember legs along with weapons/items with good properties. The rich had an item blessed orny which allowed them to run templates others couldn't. The rich have freaking been here the whole time, PvPing at an advantage over everyone else... you may just not have noticed.

Now that the slue of other stuff has been fixed... everyone's finally starting to see a problem I saw long ago... about 6 years ago when AoS hit Siege. PvP without item insurance should be about going out... and fighting. Not this endless grindfest/cryfest over items.

But regardless... PvP has for 6 years now, been in favor of the rich and elite.

People don't even remember what it's like to have items not mean so much...

And at this rate, they may never experience it because we can't get enough people who will support a change that will help this.

49. Bruin

Bruin Guest

True. But back then, the richest mage was a scrolled 120 with an orny and MAYBE a CBD hat of the magi for +3 MR. I could fight that and had a chance with a 115 fencer with 15 HCI.

Today, the rich faction mages are scrolled 120 with orny, crystalline ring, 70 DCI, parry or hide/ninja/stealth, 40 LMC, 8 MR, all 70's resists. Not much of a chance for a 120 fencer with 30 HCI.

The gap between the haves and have nots has grown exponentially.

50. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

I don't agree at all.

EVO/OTF were running suits comparable to the faction stuff. Such as mage suits with 15+SDI, 45DCI, 40LMC, 8+MR 2/6 casting with 70/70/70/70/70 resists for years now... which is essentially the same as the faction suits (albeit they are slightly better suits, but they SHOULD be better because you risk more in factions than you do not in factions.)

I dunno if you never really realized the item gap, but it's been as big as it is for years and years now.

Why do you think players like Revvo were feared? Do you think it was because he was a good PvPer!?!?!? (LOL!!!!) It was because he was running better weapons, better armor, better jewels, basically better items... period than 95% of this shard.

It's been like this for a LONG time... what happened was-was that a lot of players had silver... so they bought this faction stuff and their characters potency and effectiveness went through the roof. They got a taste of what it was like to equip **properly** for PvP, but it was short lived because they simply could not keep up with the kind of monetary demand running this gear requires. Which is the reason why so many people cry over faction buy backs and losing their gear.

Man... this problem has been around for a while. I really just don't get how people can't see that.

We need to open up good loot for everyone so the playing field is more level and players can get back to the time-honored tradition of just going out and PvPing for fun... rather than what it has turned into which is everyone being EMO because they can't do what guilds like 420 do.