1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

WTB Stone

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Zebediah, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Zebediah

Zebediah Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

would like to purchase around around 1k ea color

2. Zebediah

Stratics Veteran

no one selling stone?

3. Zebediah

Stratics Veteran

i thought certainly we would have someone selling this stuff .....really need copper and bronze stone to finish an order

4. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Aye tis a problem on Siege. We seldom get time to mine rocks...if our wood carpentry is selling out we have to go kill trees to keep up. Yet we all want to sell granite furny...when IF we get any granite that even matches to make diddly ! :( :sad4::sad4::sad4:

Maybe this is something we can all try to enlist some newer players whom have miners to do.......MINE GRANITE...and sell it to us all. :) We would need a price list per color...cuz it may take ages to get enough matching granite to make one lg. valorite table nowadays or any hue.

:sad4::sad4:

5. Nabber

Nabber Guest

Does anyone know if I have to have an actual mining skill of 100 or will 96 with mining gloves allow me to use the books to mine granite?

6. Lych

Lych Guest

Sell Zebediah stone. The llamas demand it :gun::love:

7. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

It has been so long since I read the books regarding stone masonry and granite, that I had to go look it up on the Stratics Crafter Professons forum. And here is what they said there :

4. How do I aquire Granite in order to craft the items?

In order to mine granite of any Ore type, you will need to first be a Grandmaster in the skill of mining, or use mining gloves to get your skill over 100. You will then need to purchase a second book from the npc stone crafters, entitled "Mining for Quality Stone", also for around 10,000 gp. This book is also a one time read and only needs to be purchased once per miner.

After reading the book a GM miner can find granite from any place you can currently mine ore. You use the context menu of your mining tool to select whether you wish to mine stone, granite or both with a pickaxe or shovel. Simply click the shovel or pickaxe and select away! When you change your mining type, it stays that way until you change it again, for all your mining tools.

----------IF you would need the mining for granite book I am sure any of us would help you to buy it. :)

8. Nabber

Nabber Guest

Okay I got the book, I am now mining stone, anyone care to give me the ballparks of the value of the different colored stone?

9. Zebediah

Stratics Veteran

Stone normally runs half the price the going rate of ore, this is the current prices I am paying per piece.

* Regular - 15gp
    * Dull Copper - 15gp
    * Shadow - 25gp
    * Copper- 30gp
    * Bronze - 30gp
    * Gold - 40gp
    * Agapite - 45gp
    * Verite - 100gp
    * Valorite - 150gp

10. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

I did offer to mine stone a while back if anyone had a spare mining for stone book I could buy without having to crawl along to the gargy city on my lagged up works PC, but there was no response. O well. Still happy to do so if someone can provide a book.

11. Nabber

Nabber Guest

I can pick you up a book this evening ICQ 271256 Vendor price is just under 32K here on siege

12. Zebediah

Stratics Veteran

Nabber and Crimson please icq me.