1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

(Question) WTF w/imbuing????

Discussion in 'UO Lake Austin' started by SLACK, Jul 27, 2011.

1. SLACK

SLACK Guest

Who is the sick ******* that came up with imbuing?:(
    I've burned through countless hammers and resources to finally reach 60.6????? :wall:
    No! This cannot be!!! :rant2:
    I have never become so frustrated trying to raise a skill, does anyone have any tips on this?
  2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Jan 5, 2001

Willard Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Feb 27, 2004
    I just unraveled loot all the way to about 75 maybe 78. It is a bit slow, but it helps you gather the ingredients that you will need to go to 120. Even than...training imbuing can cost in the millions. But, it is for sure one of the most painful skills I ever trained! OK, excepy maybe Poisoning....lol

The guide posted above is the way to go!

Good Luck!
  4. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

May 14, 2008
    If you have a fletcher or carpenter and a bunch of oak, you can make exceptional oak bows or bukutos and unravel them. I just threw everything in a bag and unravelled the bag as I got close to being overweight. Once I got higher, I just killed Miasma and looted everything. Got several thousand enchanted essense and used some to scroll bind the 115 scrolls for a 120. I don't think I started imbuing for gains until upper 80's, and then I just used the oak bokutos and add hit dispel, and just adding enough to keep in the 50-60% succes range. Once my skill got higher and it was taking more magical residue and amber to get into that range, I started imbuing another property that also just took magical residue and amber. I just kept doing that until around 110-113 range, and then I started using hammers and also imbuing some of the better loot that I kept instead of unravelling.
  5. TheVampster

TheVampster Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Mar 20, 2003
  6. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    Nowhere near as tedious as Poisoning, since you have the imbuing gump to work with.

As in the guide, you make 20-25 exceptional SE plate items with an ASH (or normal tool), so that they get mage armor. Add one property once to each item, then (if necessary) the second property once. On rare occasions you'll even gain on these stages. These are done using imbue last property (then switching targets)

Then it's back to the first one, and pound it with your last-to-be-imbued property until it takes 18 times (using the repeat last imbue button), then use imbue last property to switch to the next item, and it's back to the "repeat" button.

When building the FAQ, it took me less than 100 plate jingasa to go from 80 to 120, IIRC. If I hadn't been busy doing other stuff, I probably could have done it in a single evening.
  7. SLACK

SLACK Guest

Hmmmm, well thanks guys. I'm at like 63.8 and ot just seems to have stalled so badly but I guess that's by design.
    Guess I have to just keep pounding away at it!