1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Stratics is pleased to introduce a community Article Management System (AMS) to the forums! AMS allows users to contribute articles about profession templates, houses, pvp, or a variety of other topics. This is a great way to showcase your ideas that require more space than a typical thread. Our staff can also feature articles and promote threads into articles (when appropriate). We are pretty excited about this feature and hope you will be too. It will allow the community another way to express themselves and contribute to the growth of the game and community! For information on how to submit an article, read this article.
  3. We've put our heads together to simplify the Rules of Conduct (ROC) from 23 items down to 8. We hope that the new ROC will be more intuitive and easier to remember. This should also help us to improve our moderation by focusing on fewer items. We are always striving to make Stratics better and to encourage communication and participation. We think that you'll be happy for this improvement. Thanks for being here.

WTH shards coming down again?

Discussion in 'UO Spiels N Rants' started by Mordocuo, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Mordocuo

Mordocuo
    Expand Collapse

What is with this the weekend is when most get the chance to play and shards are coming down again.

Talk about being a genius, who's idea is this?

2. Storm

Storm
    Expand Collapse
    UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

there are people who have lost characters from slots 6 and 7 and this is to fix that ! would you rather tell the people who have those characters missing they are gone for good because it is interrupting your play?

3. Barry Manilow

Barry Manilow
    Expand Collapse

That bug didn't effect me but I can totally understand people getting upset about that for sure. That has to be fixed asap. Just hoping no more reverts.

4. Mordocuo

Mordocuo
    Expand Collapse

My post has nothing to do with people missing chars. It has to do with a company doing something like this without it being tested well enough to be certain nothing bad would happen as well as doing it during what I believe is peak playing times.

I feel sorry for anyone who loses even 1 gold and would hope that things would be fixed.

What we are experiencing tonight is due to incompetence in quilty testing before implementations.

Carpenters have a rule:

Measure twice cut once

EA's rule:

Forget measuring we will cut as much as we like.

5. Capn Kranky

Capn Kranky
    Expand Collapse

Er, how long have you been playing? This type of performance is standard for EA. Seriously ... at least as far back as AOS.
    For me this would drive the stake thru the heart of UO play. For me this would be a character deletion because I would not be coming back.
    Again, is this REALLY news to you?

6. Woodsman

Woodsman
    Expand Collapse

If this was 10 years ago, we would have reverted back to Wednesday :gee:

7. Fayled Dhreams

Fayled Dhreams
    Expand Collapse

which week? ... :lol:

Conspiracy theory:

It's the classic sharders ... infiltrated EA account and billing management >with the intent< of crashing the entire system BACK to pre tram ...
    or
    Working title: Biggest revert EVAH !!11!11one eleventith! :party:

8. Capn Kranky

Capn Kranky
    Expand Collapse

damn! you figgered it out? I am gonna have to get operations planning to do a better job. <sigh>

9. Setanta

Setanta
    Expand Collapse
    Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Oh, they just want to be like microslop.