1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

WTH....Word of Death Poisons Caster?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by jfkeach, Dec 19, 2009.

1. jfkeach

jfkeach Guest

Today I was working DH Keys in the weald. My dragon was killing the various Named Changelings, and when they got close to Death I would WOD them. 9 times out of ten I got poisoned when the changeling died, level three to level 4. That has never happened before.

2. ZippyTwitch

ZippyTwitch Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Changling is prob getting a poison off on you right as he dies. I use wod all the time and haven't had this happen to me yet.

3. Gelf

Gelf Guest

happens to me all the time several mobs seem to have a death strike spell,
    usually poison or para.

4. Konge

Konge Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

THought that the changelings had the Pixie ability to poison, exp, para, or heal when they die...

5. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

I've never been poised by WOD.

6. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Correct. When pixies and changelings die they will, at random, heal, paralyze, or poison a nearby target, and when they poison or paralyze, the strength can beat 120 magic resist easy it seems.

7. Potgut

Potgut Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

And I believe Irk, Spite, and Gulie's Poison strength is greater than the regular changlings too

8. WarUltima

WarUltima Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Working as intended.

Try to work a oak spawn and killing the pixies you will get exploded/paralyzed (super long para btw)/poisoned hundred of times. The will do it to the attacker who gets the kill shot almost 100% of the time.

9. jfkeach

jfkeach Guest

But never had it happen to me before while working keys. Ever. And yesterday it was 9 times out of 10 I got poisoned on the kill shot.

10. Konge

Konge Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Then you probably didn't do it often, notice it, or just got lucky before and obviously got unlucky this time. Not a big deal, blame the RNG

11. jfkeach

jfkeach Guest

Believe me.. I blame RNG all the time.. Its a system that really needs work.

12. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

I get poisoned by rats at Cavern of Discard, a lot, w/o wod - they are not the same as rats in Brit sewer