1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

WTHeck with standing around hidden for points/VvV

Discussion in 'UHall' started by S_S, Oct 6, 2014.

1. S_S

S_S Certifiable
    The Squirrel Empire

I don't think I'm doing something right I guess? On Baja there is a guild who currently has at least 1 char logged in and hidden in every VvV City 24/7. These chars do nothing but stand there, never moving from what I personally see. It doesn't show that they claim any alters, they aren't stealing and returning sigils, they aren't killing other opponents. Yet I do ALL these things and the other guild still wins the city almost every time! What gives?

CovenantX likes this.
  2. CovenantX

CovenantX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Well hopefully the point distribution would be tweaked a little bit.

Killing a player, when they're not affected by stat-loss should be say 5% city progress.
    Stealing & Returning Sigils 5-10% per ( a skilled thief could do this rather quickly)
    Capturing an alter 15-20% per

Hidden players should not be considered as "occupying" the city. only visible players should.
    All these hidden players do is make the fight (or lack of) drag on a hell of a lot longer than it should with very little to no pvp, hopefully this'll get fixed.

Regardless, I'm loving the amount of pvp we've had lately, it's great, and hopefully it continues for quite some time.

SpyderBite, Bo Bo and Zuckuss like this.
  3. S_S

S_S Certifiable
    The Squirrel Empire

It should be like Blackthorn's is now. Stand around unmoving more than about 15 mins, get your @ss teleported to a gas chamber somewhere else.

4. Zuckuss

Zuckuss Order | Chaos
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni K^S

Reveal + kill

5. Quickblade

Quickblade Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

trying to find an hidden character probly elf with stealth in britain city for exemple is nearly impossible, even with gm tracking on !! They gotta have to fix that , the blackthorn idea is not a bad idea

kaio, Bo Bo and Zuckuss like this.
  6. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Has the mana spike thingy you can buy with silver helped at all with revealing hidden characters? How long and how widespread is its effect?

7. Quickblade

Quickblade Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

mana spike is not good for the cost in silver: the radius is half the screen so its only good if you know someone is on the altar and you do the mana spike , but I prefer doing a supernova potion which deal damage and cost 50 silver instead of wasting 2500 silver on a mana spike that cost you half your mana also. Right now I can throw 50 supernovas potions that deals 25-30 damage to all targets with gm alchemy for the price of a one use mana spike. There 's an issue somewhere.

SUGGESTION TO THE DEVS aka @Kyronix : if you want to make the mana spike and traps more useful and desirable, put a duration on trap and a cooldown between each triggers . Same with mana spike. Make them last whole battle but a cooldown of 1 minute between each triggers. That would probly give a reason to spend that much silver instead of a one use. I mean supernova which is 10 potions for 500 silver is ALOT more useful in all ways. Make mana spikes and traps last whole fight and cooldown of 1minute between triggers please devs listen, whos going to pay 2500 silver for a one ''area of effect'' detect hidden to win a battle that give 400 silver duh. Just no point in wasting 2500 silver for a 400 silver battle or less unless they(devs) plan on making other rewards/buffs or whatever for leading the VvV leaderboard or something but right now the silver it gives you is just not enough to spend that on one use traps and mana spike !

Besides that, good job on all the rest of VvV, it makes pvp revive!!! few tweaks/fixes with the proportion of points given for occupying city for afk hidden characters and maybe thief for stealing sigils (I think sigils should give same points as altars if thats not the case right now and should also have the same times respawn as altars) and it is going to be all good for VvV :) Until then, will be waiting impatiently for updates with VvV

#7 Quickblade, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
    Viquire and Zuckuss like this.
  8. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

what you are saying, cannot be true , SORRY, they might be hidden on the Alters which they ARE claiming, therefore winning the towns. The sigils don't have ANY effect on them. And if you know they are hidden reveal them and kill them not all that hard, poison fields, fire fields, conflags, and a few others.

If you cannot fight them it is you that needs help and a fix not them.

As for them not doing ANYTHING and still winning, sorry you are either mistaken or your shard is bugged :-(

9. Balinor of Pk?

Stratics Veteran

And take it from someone that never/very rarely dies, take out stat loss. It's silly, serves no purpose but discouraging the less skilled to not pvp. Why on earth is stat loss even a thing now? Why was it left in? It was added ages ago when there were TONS of people doing factions. There aren't tons of people doing VvV. It didn't really serve a purpose then, and doesn't serve any purpose now.

10. S_S

S_S Certifiable
    The Squirrel Empire

Then I guess Baja is BUGGED because I damn well claimed 4 alters and did 2 sigils and whoever did jacksh*t yet they still won the town. And no they are not hidden on the alters.

11. Lore Denin (GL)

Stratics Veteran

LoreKeeper,

If that is the case you are arriving to the battles to late. They are in the town at the start they are getting points towards victory for being the only occupying force.

Use the time between battles to search for the hidden people bec I am assuming they are just AFK if they aren't doing anything. Start with smaller towns like Skara where there is less room to hide.

-Lore's Player

PS: Agree that Mana Spike not worth it as is.... multiple uses or 1 use for entire War Zone reveal with a no re-hide or invis in war zone for the next min.

12. S_S

S_S Certifiable
    The Squirrel Empire

Not wasting my time tracking these people. They could be in human form, animal form or even monster form (halloween costume). It should just be fixed to where if you aren't killing people, claiming alters or stealing/returning sigils.. you don't get points.

13. RueTor

RueTor Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Eliminate Stealth in V&V city fights... Hiding like the old days original days of UO with no stealth. Or... take it one step further and eliminate Hiding and Stealth in V&V city fights. :stir:

14. S_S

S_S Certifiable
    The Squirrel Empire

I'm not saying anything about nerfing thieves. Heck they are at least active and doing sigils, or moving from alter to alter to claim. But an AFK'r isn't doing anything. :(

15. Giggles

Giggles Forum Administrator
    Administrator Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Campaign Supporter The Squirrel Empire

The mechanics are simple....

people standing around hidden to not earn points UNLESS they are the only occupant of the town.

So in your scenario... the stealther got there first, and racked up points on the board before you entered. If there is a 1-2 minute delay between when they got there, vs when you got there, they will win.
    So to counter this you need to obsessively join the town the SECOND you get the message like they do, and they will not gain points at all without capping alters or stealing or killing.

16. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Sage
    Stratics Veteran VCS

No.

Sincerely,
    A Thief

17. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

This has been happening on Sonoma also.. A few things to note..

1) If hidden VvV character is the only VvV in town the he will win the battle in 5 min doing nothing.

2) Even with GM tracking there are 3 forms human/monster/animal the person can be in & you can fail & the detection radius is a few screens at max. YEW for instance too me 35 minutes to track down our target.

3) Mr hidden guy means any opposing force that is actively taking alters etc sill has a 20 minute battle now instead of 5...lame sauce.

4) AFK hidden guy...DEAD in NOT the worst thing that can happen. I personally tracked / revealed & disarmed and then went and imbued fast mage wep SC wild staves because mace fighting damage breaks armor faster. We then had 3 people bash the guy until his suit started losing Max durability..... He came back then unfortunately but breaking a whole suit would have made my day....

I like the idea that hidden characters shouldn't earn points ....owning an alter sure...Fk in a random corner though doesn't promote PvP

18. Giggles

Giggles Forum Administrator
    Administrator Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Campaign Supporter The Squirrel Empire

-Again, a hidden character standing there doing nothing will not earn points UNLESS they were the first ones at the battle. Then the only points they will ever have are the few they earned before everyone else showed up.

-A dead character is not considered to be in the area until they res either.

-Theifs are easy enough to counter when you learn where the sigils spawn, and where the turn in area is.

-Nothing is too over-powered or unfair at this point. Learn your enemy and how to counter them. That's all the new VvV boils down to right now.

Lets not start busting out the nerf sticks until we all become educated to how the whole system does in-fact work. So far I am very pleased with it, on many levels. I play a thief, and I also play a pure pk to counter the theifs. I see both worlds, and they are pretty fair and equal from what I have seen.

#18 Giggles, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
    Viquire and Kyronix like this.