1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

WWI Contest Note: Drawing Day Change

Discussion in 'WoW General Discussion' started by Eldorian, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Eldorian

Eldorian Guest

I've said throughout this contest that we would be holding the drawing Friday evening, however, I'm going to be out of town Friday and Saturday so I'm postponing the drawing until Sunday.

Last day to enter is still tomorrow, just going to be a couple days afterwards before I can announce the winners is all.

Sorry about that.

2. Fojos

Fojos Guest

No problem. It's not like the beta will end. ^^

3. Kinjiro

Kinjiro Guest

Ah no worries mate. I of course expect to see you at midnight for the final thread! Hopefully your going out of town for pleasure and not business other that'd be a pretty boring weekend.

4. Kremen

Kremen Guest

Awww, i will be away on Sunday

5. Maghica

Maghica Guest

Have fun, Eldorian :thumbsup:
    and thank you very, very much for the fun times here in the contest!

6. eisnerguy1

eisnerguy1 Guest

Sunday works for me

7. Joshmaul

Joshmaul Guest

Here's hoping Stratics'll let me go 2-fer-2 in the expansion beta count! *prays to any god that will help*

8. Bobity66

Bobity66 Guest

Thanks for the heads up and the contest. Oh and safe travels

9. mithos244

mithos244 Guest

have a good trip

10. Xarris08

Xarris08 Guest

Have fun man.

11. mooseboy

mooseboy Guest

Have fun, we'll miss ya whilst you're gone ;)

12. jpjzanfu

jpjzanfu Guest

13. MMAnti7

MMAnti7 Guest

Pfft. What's more important a trip or WoW?

Ok... The trip.

14. Eldorian

Eldorian Guest

WoW actually.

My girlfriend's sister had her wedding yesterday. And any guy who's ever dated someone for a long amount of time and one of their siblings gets married can probably vouch for how unfun that is.

15. Ssonic19

Ssonic19 Guest

Ouch. Did you get the ol' elbow to the ribs?

16. Kemani

Kemani Guest

Did anyone win yet? :eyes:

17. Nyaz

Nyaz Guest

Indeed, sunday is almost over now... (or maybe it's due to the fact that I'm european and you guys are not...?)

18. Eldorian

Eldorian Guest

It's 3 PM here... my Sunday has barely started :p

I have the judging done for the beta keys... right now I'm just waiting for the technical side of things for the WWI contest. I don't have an ETA on that as I'm waiting to get what I need. So hold tight.

19. wtfisit123

wtfisit123 Guest

The anticipation is like torture lol, man i hope i win

20. Nyaz

Nyaz Guest

Oh, alright. Well, I guess I'll see the results tomorrow morning or something :)

By the way, Eldorian, what timezone do you live in? Must be like Hawaii-somewhere :D

21. teezlol

teezlol Guest

:p

That's PST afaik, might be MST.
    European here too though, yet, I still play on US servers >_>

22. joz123

joz123 Guest

lol good luck everyone, god I hope I win tho ;)

23. Tarielen

Tarielen Guest

well the good news is that if you posted on each day you have a 1 in 6 chance of winning a card (if my math is correct) which seems pretty good odds compared to the other lotteries I've played in (and lost). 877 posts total from all 7 days if someone wants to double check the math. That includes the double member posts and admin replies as part of the total so your odds are *actually* higher. Again, someone should check my math cause I'm not that good at it =P

24. Joshmaul

Joshmaul Guest

Kansas City is certainly NOT Pacific time. *chuckles* It's Central Standard Time (CDT at the moment, actually, I think we're still in Daylight Savings Time for a couple more weeks).

Now Poway in sunny Southern California - that IS Pacific time. :)

25. lolshiv

lolshiv Guest

Any update on what's happening to the WWI cards? :)

26. Eldorian

Eldorian Guest

Still working on things. Will be announced "soon"

27. Nyaz

Nyaz Guest

In about ten minutes you will have Blizzard lawyers knock-knock-knockin' on your door, sueing you for using their trademarked word.

28. Eldorian

Eldorian Guest

Oh trust me, I think Stratics has been using it longer than Blizzard :p

29. Joshmaul

Joshmaul Guest

"Soon" is not a trademark of Blizzard - "Soon" is a trademark of the entire gaming industry. So you're safe anyway. *chuckles*

30. lolshiv

lolshiv Guest

at least i got GTA IV to pass time :(

31. Tarielen

Tarielen Guest

lucky, I'm stuck sitting here refreshing the page waiting for the announcement
    :sad4:

32. lolshiv

lolshiv Guest

I don't know why it's taking so long, but i'm very excited anyway :D:danceb:

33. Shiftey

Shiftey Guest

:bowdown:
    i keep F5 the page....
    :bowdown:

34. Mvucetic

Mvucetic Guest

Been refreshing page and checking emails for over 5 hours so far....i hope for good outcome of it :)

35. Tarielen

Tarielen Guest

I'm not getting my hopes up... (or at least lying to myself that I'm not) This is the 6th contest for a beta key that I've been in and I'm still scraping at threads of hope to get in. I'm a stay-at-home mom and have become obsessed with wrath of the lich king. I want to test out my 5 70's sooooo bad (I have a lot of time on my hands.) I think the Gods of Gaming are playing a cruel joke on me, I've been trying so hard to get in and 2 of my guildmates have gotten the opt-in and they don't even give a crap about wrath. :sad2: this is my last hope of getting in....

36. Xithia

Xithia Guest

*shivers all over*
    The anticipation is delicious!!!!

37. penguinduude

penguinduude Guest

You and me both, except the whole stay at home mom part:bored:

38. Shiftey

Shiftey Guest

39. Xarris08

Xarris08 Guest

I've had the site up all day Refreshing a good amount of times each tower. Can't wait to see if I got lucky. Never won anything like this before, so would be amazing.:danceb:

40. legolo

legolo Guest

I'd love to see if i won anything but it is 2.30am here and i gta go out of bed at 6.15am xD so i best get some sleep, might check again in 2 hours :danceb::thumbsup:

41. Unfortunatly, I was only able to post in one of the threads so my chances are not very high! :(
    Not to mention I never win anything, even if I'm the only one entered. :bored:

Good luck, guys, and congratulations on those who are picked! :thumbsup:

42. Shiftey

Shiftey Guest

lol that is how things are for me too...

43. Ssonic19

Ssonic19 Guest

The suspense is killing me. :(

44. wtfisit123

wtfisit123 Guest

lol, eldorian isnt on right now and doesnt know the torturous suspense all of us eager and desperate gamers are going through

45. Tarielen

Tarielen Guest

he's prolly playing on the beta >.>

:lick:

46. wtfisit123

wtfisit123 Guest

that would be so cruel lol, rly dont blame em though, Northrend does sound pretty cool
    WINK
    HINT-HINT ;)

47. Thisel

Thisel Guest

Well, out of the 877 posts 20 players will randomly be chosen with a special program or Eldorian decides to put all the names into a hat and takes a video of it to make us suffer trying to see who won in it... Making it sound like the World... Of Warcraft will end if you do not win will not increase your chances or I too would be trying that.

And yes the World of LK Betacraft will end if I do not win.

48. Eldorian

Eldorian Guest

Actually I am on... I've been working on this all day and ran into some technical difficulties. Everything is ready to run though so I'm hoping to have the raffle drawing in about 30-60 minutes and then give me another bit to contact the winners and announce.

I could have just ran through and picked 20 people, but I didn't think that would be fair and could potentially be biased. So I wanted to make sure this random thing worked fo sho and I should have been more prepared than I was. Sorry about that.

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!