1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

X-fer is a lotto

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Mandrake of DF, May 4, 2011.

1. Mandrake of DF

Mandrake of DF Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Just xfered a char from cats to euro.

he had bank full...very ok.

backpack half full very ok.

one packy...very ok..

seems out my backpack landed with 3 emty backpakcks....in thoose was slither, sorcerer set and few other things.

I tried call ea, sent live chat...they told i should talk to gm - gm give canned msg back to me he cant help......they tell gm should solve this they cant help..

SO WHO CAN ****ING HELP ME???? IM DAMN LOST!!!!

2. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

pm Cal or retry your gm call and word it correctly. IE: Was told by EA your to fix this ....

3. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Cite where you got info that they would fix it. If you don't they disregard it like every other absurd claim they hear from players.

4. Mandrake of DF

Stratics Veteran

Got a GM to help me, he tole me to do something else.

Is there a phone nr to call??

This is a freaking joke...I pay for a xfer - and 3 bags lost in transition and he tells its not their responsebilit....

5. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

/this

I got a gm response, 25mins, start to finish, this morning by GM Erthim
    went like this:

UO. Lake Superior. Tram. The Lost Lands - Terathan Keep. Level 2 ("The Star Room"). The teleporter that leads back to Level 1 has an object stuck on it blocking access.

first they asked me to show them, No Way! it's a a 10X10 area, it's not hard to see
    The answer was "we will review this issue". but at least they actually checked.

6. Hardy

Hardy Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Same happened to me this week, Atl-Euro. Ive PM Messana after a GM told me sorry cant help you

7. Lord X

Lord X Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah good luck. And no there is no number. Theres EA Customer Support or whatnot, at 1-866-543-5435. But yeah, they can't seem to help with most real issues. And apparently the GM side of everything has no phone number, just a web form.

If you've tried everything else and still can't get any satisfaction might I suggest lodging a complaint at the BBB (Better Business Bureau) at United States and Canada BBB Consumer and Business Reviews, Reports, Ratings, Complaints and Accredited Business Listings. EA isn't accredited through them but they do still handle complaints and may be able to help get this fixed.

8. popps

popps Always Present

So, what is the update on this TRANSFER problem ?

I mean, transfer tokens cost REAL MONEY.

Players actually pay $$$$ and the least that could be guaranteed is that the transfer goes smoothly and without any losses.

How hard would it be to code it with a PRE transfer list of ALL items being transferred that the player has to OK BEFORE the transfer, the list is then recorded and stored both in player's hands and somewhere else on the game server. The list is NOT editable in any possible ways. Once generated it is permanent. The player can cancel the transfer if the list is not complete, though, and redo the process again.

Once the list is generated the player CANNOT go back to the game again and can only either actually transfer OR cancel the transfer (which would also cancel the list). This would be to avoid generating the list, then transferring items to a buddy, transfer empty handed and claim items back using that list which were instead left behind.

Upon transferring, another list, DESTINATION list is generated right exactly when landing on the destination shard.

"IF" anything goes wrong, this 2 lists and their differences (items missing in the destination list which were included in the originating list) would be PROOF of the items not having been replicated on the destination shard as they should have been.

9. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

there is a log, I just found it... whether this is proof or not, I don't know, cause it appears that it can be edited on the user end... EA would need to have retained a copy to compare it to

10. Lord X

Lord X Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Re: Help!!! I xfered, and 3 of my backpacks are emty....

I def. feel your pain on this. Not with X-fer but same relative customer service. Like I mentioned in the other thread.... if you don't get your items... try the BBB. Why EA doesn't think they can be held accountable to paying customers is beyond me.

11. Nails

Nails Journeyman

Re: Help!!! I xfered, and 3 of my backpacks are emty....

go into you program files and look at teh ea files. look for your translog file, open it and read it to see if it is recorded in your item transfer log.

12. popps

popps Always Present

I am surprised that we have not yet received any official comments on this issue.

I mean, the purchase of transfer tokens is involved, and they also cost quite a bit, IMHO, ain't it enough for players to deserve some official comments on this problem ??

13. Mandrake of DF

Stratics Veteran

Bit calmed down today...

But - reliaze when i log in that char my bank has also decresed.

I had filled it with 175 items (I got max storage) But he has only 163 items in his bank.

I have no clue what I lost in bank, just that items are gone.

I tried again to call live support, live support tells me to call a game master - only he can help me on this issue they tells.

So - if they cant solve this, they should disable xfers till its solved.

Just talked to GM again, and he cant help **** - nor can he confirm the item status before my xfer.

What I do remember i lost so far is slither, leutainent of the brit sash, bag of 5 ethy polars and a su and a touch tool. medusa floor tile and statue. Bag with full sorcerer set, house tiles, luck suit with max luck and conjurer garb. What else i lost im not sure.

DO NOT XFER BEFORE THIS IS SOLVED!!!!

14. Hardy

Hardy Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Ive got a Pheonix Armour set i need to move from LS...I won't be transfer this for a while.

Loosing items when you are paying RL Gold for a service is just not cricket(as us brits say).

I lost about 100m street value items in my transfer, not quite as bad as Mandrake but never the less, IT SUCKS!

15. DevilsOwn

have either of you yet compared your translog file to what you thought you had packed up to transfer? would be interesting to see if those items are on that list

16. Mandrake of DF

Stratics Veteran

Where can i find that translog file?

17. Mandrake of DF

Stratics Veteran

Found the translog file...

I can confirm all items im missing is listed in the translog file.

Getting sick reading it - just see more and more items missing....

18. DevilsOwn

I would copy the file and send it along to them, and to Cal in a pm here... worst that can happen is they tell you it is of no aid to them

19. Jirel of Joiry

Jirel of Joiry Certifiable

Dang Mandrake that just sucks! Manny, you might try contacting EA corporate in Redwood City, CA (650) 628-1500. Also email Cal-[email protected] and Mesanna- [email protected].

I don't know if they will help you, cause Luc's Magincia house ate items and she's having a difficult time getting anyone to look at it. (Yes, she's emailed Mesanna) Probably my fault they won't help cause I've been a P-I-T-A about stuff.

People in here trolled me when I have complained about the subpar in game customer NO service. Okay who's up for "invading" Fairfax, VA with me? lol

20. Mandrake of DF

Stratics Veteran

Ty Jirel, but i might get lucky as mesenna responded to my email, and they looking into it. They got my translog file, so hopefully it can turn out good...

*Crosses fingers*

21. Lord X

Lord X Sage
    Stratics Veteran

*An Corp*

Any update on this? Has there been a resolution?

22. Hardy

Hardy Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I've not heard back yet on my case

23. Mandrake of DF

Stratics Veteran

No feedbak yet.

But I discovered a very strange bug too...

I can aparently not log on to TC1 - message I get is that i can not log on this shard while a character transfer is in progress etc....Disovered it yesterday, and i still cant log on. TC1 is a backup of GL, and I have never xfered to or from there.

24. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Now you know where you lost items are, maybe it is also a problem with the new character copy feature comming.

25. Mandrake of DF

Stratics Veteran

Mesanna got back to me today, and i provided her the info she wanted. So I hope they find the loop hole.

But when going over the translog file, and understanding it - all items i miss are from pack horse, not backpack.

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!