1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

x-mas 2014

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by silmwarensurion, Jan 4, 2015.

1. silmwarensurion

silmwarensurion Journeyman

Semi-returning player. Was there no x-mas gifts for 2014?

2. Sinder Shayde

Sinder Shayde Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, There Was. Here Is The Link As well. http://www.uo.com/article/Publish-882-World-Wide-11192014

2014 Holiday Items
    Characters that are at least 30 days old that log in between 12/1/2014 12:01 AM ET and 1/1/2015 12:01 AM ET will receive a randomly hued gift box that contains the following:
    • New green, blue, or gold fireplace.
    o Fireplaces can be ignited and doused by double clicking on the center piece.
    • A grinder that can be used to grind various plant products.
    • A steam powered beverage maker that can be used in conjunction with the cooking system to create new items listed in the “Beverage” section of the cooking menu.
    • A Power Scroll Book
    o The powerscroll book can hold 300 power scroll, no more of 99 than any specific scroll.
    o The book be must locked down in a house in order to add scrolls.
    o Stat power scrolls cannot be added to the book.

Also, Here is a Link of The hued Boxes from 2014
    http://community.stratics.com/threads/new-holiday-gift-boxes.327387/

3. silmwarensurion

silmwarensurion Journeyman

I logged in during that period. My account was active. But I didn't get anything. Seems like typical UO

4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I believe your account had to be active during November to get gifts. It's always been that for gifts, being active before a certain point comes into play.

A list is captured of all accounts and their existing characters a few weeks before the drops. If the character is on the list, then when they hit 30 days old (by actual creation date) during the drop period, they will get an item (ones already older than 30 days will get them on the first day they log in).

So, if the only way that you could get a gift on a newly created character created it on December 1 (and maybe on the 2nd). An account that wasn't listed as active when the list was captured might not be eligible for gifts at all.

However, you really didn't miss much. Everyone probably has extra Power Scroll books, and the other stuff was so-so this year. It was such that I didn't even bother trying to collect on other shards for trading this year.