1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Xfer House & storage question, and changing name on sign

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Loren, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Loren

Loren Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

For an existing house, being traded between accounts having different storage upgrade levels, say 20% and 60%, or 40% and 60%, does the max storage/lockdown count adjust accordingly up or down as applicable?

By what methods can you change the name after 'Owned by:' on a house ? I mean if you decide you want a different character on same account to display as owner, vs the one that you made the plot with?

2. Angel of Sonoma

Angel of Sonoma Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

the storage level is based on the house owner's account entitlements. i don't know what would happen if account 1 owned a full house with 60% extra storage and you transferred the house to account 2 with only a 20% storage upgrade. i guess some stuff would decay but can't say for sure. i overloaded a house many years ago (we're talking about the days when you were lucky to own a 7x7) and i logged in the next day to discover a bunch of stuff went poof.

the only way i know of to change the owner name is:
    • transfer the house
    • use a name change token
    • have the character you want to show 'owned by' resize the house (make sure it's empty prior to doing this)

Loren likes this.
  3. Loren

Loren Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I tried. But its a Keep. So it would not let me. Unless I just derped.

4. Angel of Sonoma

Angel of Sonoma Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Really? They changed this? It's been awhile, but I remember dropping a keep using the 'i wish to resize my house' command and replacing it with another keep

5. Loren

Loren Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Oh. Will update shortly.

6. Loren

Loren Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

It works. I had to stand underneath the house sign (had not been doing that) and needed to say "I wish to resize my house" vs "I wish to resize this house". Solved my Keep deco issues. I just put an 18x18 back in it. Nothing else can be placed close enough to prevent a Keep from going back in this spot. Still works for resale (if anyone cares about Fel keeps when Xpac pops I suppose.)

7. Ebe

Ebe Adventurer

What server? I wanna buy a fellow keep