1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Yarrr ... I mean Garrrr

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Lorddog, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Oct 25, 2004
    A new 3D client based off Kingdom Reborn will be released. It has a working title of simply the "Stygian Abyss client". No mention on whether UO:KR client will be discontinued in preference for the new one.
    Both the Kingdom Reborn and traditional 2D client will be allowed to access the new areas.
    The new dungeon Stygian Abyss will be the largest and most complex UO has ever seen.
    The only way to have a Gargoyle character is to make a new one, at this time a quest to transform a character to the Gargoyle Race is not planned.
    Gargoyles will have the ability of Flight from their wings which will have the movement speed of being mounted. It will be required to access certain areas of the new map. Gargoyles will also have larger stature than humans and elves.
    New areas for Housing have been stated as a possibility in the new land area, but has yet to be decided definitively.
    There will be some pvp areas in the new land area, including access for murderers. It has also been indicated that there will be things to contest for, similar to a Champion Spawn, although it will not be powerscrolls.
    The new lands will be the lored homeland of the Gargoyles, Ter Mur, and include a Gargoyle capital city.
    Crafting Gargoyle items will extensively employ the use of Granite as gargoyles are fond of stone.
    Several of the monsters in the expansion will be based off those seen in the old, single-player Ultima game Ultima: Underworld including Rot Worms, Medusas and Goblins.
    Gargoyles will have their own distinctive belief system that is apart from the traditional Virtues.

So I got to wipe my current char to be a gargoyle which will give only gargoyles access to certain new areas.

Indeed, I WILL DO IT! onward to the new master race!

Penny Les Harlet no longer (will have to have a new gargoyle name)
  2. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Feb 3, 2004
    We better be getting a 2nd character slot then...
  3. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

May 12, 2008
    As much as it pains me to do it, I agree with BR!
  4. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    Um, don't delete any characters, peoples...

From the Stygian Abyss forum, dated 3-7-2009

5. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Oct 16, 2007
    Gargoyles will have the ability of Flight from their wings which will have the movement speed of being mounted

*swings sword up in the air*

*stalks off mad he can't hit the Gargoyle*
  6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Jan 5, 2001
    You might want to check the date of that information, I think quite a bit of it is no longer accurate.
  7. Bruin

Bruin Guest

Ok, with every change they make I always think, how will this affect pvp (cause they always seem to find a way to screw that up)?

If Gargoyles can fly, does that mean they can fly above trees so that trees don't block them like birds to now? Or like fly on top of empath abbey?

If so, then gargoyles become the ultimate pvp toon (in that respect). How can a human or elf ever chase down a gargoyle if a gargoyle can just fly over objects that block humans?

I'm hoping this is obviously not the case. But if only gargoyles can access certain areas of the map, and humans can not, then that does mean they can fly over blockable objects that humans can not - so there is a possibility.