1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Yay! Finally!

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Petra Fyde, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

After multiple deaths, and even more deaths for the poor 'hatched from a crystal' vollem, Dee Lishus has access to the Queen's Forge.

With a grand total of 45 magery (ring, bracelet and siege blessed tome) and armed with scrolls for greater heal, arch cure and bladespirit it has taken many, many more hours than the 1 -4 that some people claim is all that's needed, but she got there in the end.

2. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I was lucky enough to have music/discord/115 mage/70 focus, 2 vollems, and an all 70's mr6 suit lrc suit for my run at it.

3. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Congrats. :)

4. Skylark SP

Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

Grats, Petra...and when something is a struggle, it is all the sweeter when victory is achieved. :)

-Skylark

5. Troop

Troop Sage
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Way to go!

6. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

What is the Queen's Forge? Why is it so difficult to get to?

7. Petra Fyde

It's a soul forge in the queen's palace in Ter Mur. It gives a bonus to imbuing and unravelling - some things that unravel to essence at the town forge will give fragments if you unravel at the queen's forge instead.
    But you have to have 10,000 loyalty points to be able to use it. You get those by killing things in Ter Mur or doing quests - only thing is, AFAIK the highest number of loyalty points you can get from a single kill is 30, from a toxic slith, and until it got a bit stronger, toxic sliths killed my vollum, cos neither I nor the pet could reliably cure the poison :(.

8. SUPRsalad

SUPRsalad Guest

What about a golem? Because they are immune to poison, couldn't a golem just decimate the sliths?? Takes only tinkering to build/repair!

9. Petra Fyde

nice in theory, I'm not competent enough in practice. I worked my way through 5 golems, the golem could handle one toxic slith ok, but they have a nasty habit of doubling up unavoidably. I was defeated by the quite long delay between allowed repair attempts.

10. AEowynSP

AEowynSP Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Wish I had known you needed help I could have thrown on bard and vet and you would have been done in no time. That said if you have a good idea what items to unravel come hunting with me sometime and loot while I wade thru blood, gore and pet slobber.

11. Petra Fyde

:) overcoming problems like this is one of the reasons I play Siege. Finding ways to do the things I want to do with a character that's not equipped for it is one of the challenges

I'm afraid I'm still trying to get my head around unravelling. Too much math involved for me. :( .

12. Patty Pickaxe

So... what exactly do I need to kill in order to get these loyalty points? Will music/peace/provoke/magery on a human be enough? And what are these vollum thingys you keep referring to?

13. Petra Fyde

the vollem in a crystal came with the race change and statue tokens when we bought SA.

Music peace provoke and magery should do just fine. Just about any of the new creatures in Ter Mur give points, but the toxic sliths give most - you can also get slith tongues and toxic venom sacs from them. I filled unravel bags as I went along too, built up a stock of magic residue.

14. Patty Pickaxe

Oh, I wondered what that vollem thing was...... how does it work?

15. AEowynSP

AEowynSP Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

2 slot non tamer pet about like a Nighmare or a Bake Kitsune.

16. Petra Fyde

hehe not when first 'hatched' it's not, it's pretty wimpy at that stage. I spent a fortune and countless 10 minute wait times at the npc vet before I managed to keep it alive long enough to gain some skills.

17. AEowynSP

AEowynSP Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Shadow elly and private house.

18. SUPRsalad

SUPRsalad Guest

So back to the OT, I thought I would update for anyone trying to get loyalty currently.

Golem = epic fail.. Apparently, they don't just hit for poison damage.. You can only repair a golem every minute or so.. so yeah.. fail..

Necro and SS on the other hand..

I stoned off a couple skills, put on 40 necro and SS. Made a couple jewels with 13 and 13 necro and SS and EP. Spent a few minutes getting necro and SS up to wither quality, put the jewels on, potted up, went out the door, done deal in less than a couple hours. SS and pots for healing. 40 EP with gm alchemy, and eplo and conflag pots OWN those things.. With just 5 mage, i was able to get protection on, and the rest is history..

I DID have some help from a good mage for x-healing, and as long as you get them below half-life, the mage can finish them off and you still get max points, which i think was 30. Not necessary tho, with necro and ss and about 500 explo pots.

19. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

very easy with EV or pets