1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Yellow crystals?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Gelf, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Gelf

Gelf Guest

just checking r these still dropping? haven't got one in the last 150 crystals

2. Tazar

Tazar Guest

aye... got 2 today.

3. Gheed

Gheed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Yup just got one today. I have received 3 in about 250ish. So they are a pretty rare drop.

*edit* make that 4 :)

4. Ivorythorn

Ivorythorn Guest

I know I have gotten less than 100 crystals, and I have ended up with 5 yellow crystals. Actually, I haven't counted but I think it's close to a little over 50 or 60 crystals that I have received. I think it's just completely random; well as random as the RNG can get.

5. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

ive pulled probablly 200 crystals and have yet to get a yellow.

i just chalked it up as the RNG

6. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I got a boatload last night, the RNG was gently caressing my head and whispering sweet nothings in my ear. Ok that was a little creepy.

Anyways, first crystal I got was yellow and I was "yay!". Then another run, then the run after I got two yellows during the same transformation, then got another yellow later on. So basically I hit up the succubi twice (20 minutes total) and that gives me enough for 4 transformations (40 minutes total) so I got 4 yellows in an hour which is just awesome, since I can do an hour of this and get nada.

BTW last night after I went to bed I had a dream, I was at my own wedding reception, it was huge and was a big party and for some reason there were christmas trees around. I was going down the escalator and I saw a red sparkly and some B-word snagged it up before I could get there so when she was coming up the escalator (yeah same one I was on, hah) I totally blocked her from going the way she wanted and made her go around. The I spent the rest of the dream racing to grab red sparkles with my hands and put them in my oversized shopping bag. They are hot btw, they feel like a warm ball of tinsil. :p

Can't wait to see what crazy dreams I get from whatever the devs dream up for christmas! :)

7. LordDrago

LordDrago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

They are definitely dropping. Got more today than i have any other day.

Sarsmi - I had a dream the other night that I used a yellow crystal, and when the Harbinger came up, I tried to tame it, AND DID. I socked it away, and only pulled him out to show off. But in my dream I was worried that I was gonna get banned for somehow taming the Harbinger.

As someone already told me, I probably need a break from UO.

8. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

That would definitely make for an awesome tame. Probably a *little* bit overpowered though. :lol:

9. Illumina Zero

Illumina Zero Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Dont feel bad guys... there are some cotton fields by my house in RL and I had a dream I was coming home from work and looked at the cotton field and was like: "Damn... look at all that corruption!" So I pulled over to start gathering it... Yeah... break from UO.

10. Berethrain

Berethrain Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, I released four of these on my poor guildmates.

11. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Wow that makes me feel lucky to have gotten a gold on first try and a robe on the harbinger it made hehe :)

12. Mr. Gnome

Mr. Gnome Guest

The RNG has got to favor some over others. I've gotten 8 in about 120 crystals.

13. Adora

Adora Guest

I've gotten 30 blue crystals, 15 red crystals and 2 yellow crystals so far.

14. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Very Random...gotten about 175 blues, 100 red, and went almost 100 straight without a yellow, then last night got 6/7.

15. My advice is to squirrel at least one or two away and forget you have them for a year or two.

Unlike most hordeables, these things are useable, so I expect there will be less and less around in the weeks to come.

16. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

So far I've gotten:

144 Blue
    83 Red
    10 Yellow

Seems like a 1:20 to 1:25 chance (roughly) to get a yellow crystal.

-OBSIDIAN-

17. EXACTLY how many I've gotten.

Hey, wait... where did they go???

18. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

First i thought they where a myth after all the crystals i got since the event started. Yesterday i got 3 in less then a hour. :)