1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Yep, it's that time..

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by JesusChristt, Oct 10, 2008.

1. JesusChristt

JesusChristt Guest

I'm going to move onto Ages of Conan probably, this is a dying game...:coco:

2. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Catch you on the flip side.

3. Strom

Strom Guest

You weren't really cut out for this anyway

4. Hef

Hef Guest

Good bye .... hope u dont come back :)

5. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Bleed armour ignore ftw.

6. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Nothing like a warm, friendly Siege Community send-off...

7. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

He will be back...

8. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

all the other games are "safe" pvp enviroments they have more bells and whistles but no real danger....

9. Tigsalot

Tigsalot Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I can honestly say that AoC is alot worst than UO lol

worst month of my life trying to level up in AoC

10. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Chopping heads off didn't do it for you?

11. Revvo

Revvo Slightly Crazed

Probably bumped into players who have playing things other than U.O for 10 years and got frustrated :)

12. Hera - Siege

Hera - Siege Lore Master

Say what you will, but I find it interesting how people leave for other games and then come back. Bang for the buck, UO still has some of the best content and systems IMO. Outdated and barely supported to some degree, yes, but some of the best gameplay still by far.

I think 10 years+ goes to prove that, especially for the 'first' MMOG. Plenty have fallen along the way.

And why you continue to post in a forum about how horrible UO is eludes me, we obviously enjoy it currently, do you really think that by bad-mouthing the game we're all somehow going to agree with you and leave? It's funny, I didn't see a lot of Ex-WoW posters on the those forums during the 2 years I was playing. . .

13. Masuo Kenji

Masuo Kenji Guest

If you're going to try another MMO, I'd actually suggest WAR over AOC.

AOC is losing players and they're planning on merging their servers soon.

WAR had a solid launch, and if you're into PvP, it's probably the best PvP theme-park MMO out there. Out of all the MMOs I beta tested, WAR was the most polished game I've seen during a beta.

14. Hera - Siege

Hera - Siege Lore Master

I'm ok with 'safe' as long as the PvP has a point.

WoW has zero point to the PvP short of getting 'ph4t l3w+5.' If they had implemented a system similar to DAoC, where you fought for artifacts in World PvP that would give the entire realm a slight bonus to melee damage, spell damage, etc. I probably would have stayed with WoW. Having PvP objectives for a single zone is ridiculous IMO. How many people actually take the towers in EPL these days? And the PvP objectives in Burning Crusade will be just as deserted once the new ones for WotLK are discovered.

But as it is, it's just another grindfest. World PvP is basically a joke, and pointless, because you don't get nearly as many points as would you grinding in the Battlegrounds, and Battlegrounds & Arena are just another place to farm points for the next pretty pixel that's a bit more powerful but have no overall game reason to play short of getting those points.

At least in UO when you kill someone you get something in return - their stuff.

15. Revvo

Revvo Slightly Crazed

Never said there is anything wrong with U.O just the average player, i still like the game it's the scrubs that now infest it that's the problem.

I don't pvp much in WoW but i would say the rewards are there in the form of massive sanctioned arena tournaments every few months with thousands of $'s in prizes and a tournament realm with loads of cash to be won. Problem is in WoW you can't just tell everyone your awesome there is quantative proof to some degree. Sure the arena isn't perfectly balanced and some classes have a HARDER (but not impossible) time getting highest rankings but heh next time your dismounted with 5 dragons on you maybe you get to think not everything is balanced in other games either :)

As for pvm when you have done everything solo a million times from peerless to doom to champ spawns you need a new challange but since the average U.O player isn't even capable of doing those simple things without help. It's also nice that 25 is the number of people in the raid not the total number of players on the server :)

16. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

warhammer is dope :p

17. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Outdated and barely supported to some degree, yes, but some of the best gameplay still by far.

That says it all.

18. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I lowell'd

19. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

gm armor? or the naked tamers witha bless pet ball and dragon?

20. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

thanks!!! :) :scholar:

21. Hera - Siege

Hera - Siege Lore Master

It's more like once/year they have the tourney's and they are fun, although if you aren't the current flavor of the month team, you have a much harder [NEAR impossible] time winning. And it still doesn't provide a point to PvP in-game, the PvP tourney's are basically the equivalent of TC here, you're max level and decked out with free respecs. Fun, yes, but IMO it doesn't provide enough PvP incentive in-game to make me keep an account for the other 351 days a year the tournament isn't held.

And realistically, I don't have the time to devote to becoming a contender, so basically a moot point as prizes are given to regional finalists and then top 8(?) of the finals.

And I prefer World PvP over Arena/Battlegrounds, but as I stated before, there's zero incentive to World PvP - You barely get any points, and there's no benefit for your realm.

Can't argue much on this one, I agree that the server populace is low here, and you obviously knew the game, and knew it well. Say what they will, but REV was a well known PvP & PvM guild.

But somehow you still come back here and post, despite the scrubs... If I had to guess I'd say that on the WoW forums, you don't get the recognition you have here, as you're just one of millions, so you come back here for a bit of 'me time.'

And that is the crux of Siege... the community.

Otherwise, why not lurk on the WoW forums?

22. Hera - Siege

Hera - Siege Lore Master

Well, that's 'in theory.' :)

And don't forget reagents!

23. Revvo

Revvo Slightly Crazed

Correct i don't even read the WoW server forums and i am lazy so this is the easiest place to find people to agitate, i'm just an arse after all :)

24. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Since nobody else did...

CAN I HAVE YER STUFF?...la

25. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Make sure you put all soulstones and things of value either in your bank, your back pack or in a beetle that your char is sitting on.

26. JesusChristt

JesusChristt Guest

Very well said. So i've been reading about AoC, and i'm not totally sure about that decision yet...I'm still looking at some other games...

27. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I hear warhammer is really sweet :scholar:

Come to the dark side!

28. Troll The T Hunter

Troll The T Hunter Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I found DOAC pvp much better then UO. I think UO's housing and vendors system blows other games away that's what keeps me coming back.

29. JesusChristt

JesusChristt Guest

30. Revvo

Revvo Slightly Crazed

I would try War if your not going to go back to WoW, AOC already seems like it's failing from the general opinions on their boards.

31. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

The fun in find in WOW is maxing out your lvl then go around world pvping and beating up on the lower lvl gimps. I don't waste time on a treadmill, I'm still in S1 gear! :)

32. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

I think a UO treadmill race would be badass from Trinsic to Yew. Would take much longer than 15 mins

33. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni TnT/TnA

I still hate to see people leave. Stash stuff in case you change your mind.

34. KVJ

KVJ Guest

LoL.... Your mainly apart of the reason he is quiting. It's sad when you see TNT in the house when it's even numbers, yet they only come out to fight when they have a super drag on the field. But I had a blast tonight, I dropped a grip of you and put in stat loss with the FIRM KOC. So just for the records, you guys are horrible at 1 v 1 or even battles. No wonder why you cower by your tamers. You want that loot so you can sell it for rent money. lol. Good luck with that.

And Erik,

I totally understand your point of view. Let's wait for Dark Fall to come out and I'll join you there. AOC looks like garbage and I'm not very thrilled with what the PVP looks like. Let me know how it is....

Your an old vet like I am, but yet you came back when we have an absurd amount of numbers that we're going up against. You also have to keep in mind that these are the newbs who have very bad pvp skills and to make up for it, they need numbers. Soooo.. there ya go... If you don't think this statement is true, I'll duel anyone for 1 mill. But oh wait, I already did for 5 mill and the person had to change his name because he didn't want to pay me. Go Figure.

35. Feyre

Feyre Guest

Realistically AoC is also a dying game already, and Warhammer was just released, and while it may be a nice game(i really don't know) on November 13th, the WoW Expansion comes out and Warhammer will loose many players back to WoW. In the end, if i were fishing for a new game at the moment, shoot for Warhammer, but don't be surprised if it ends up like AoC in a month.

36. JesusChristt

JesusChristt Guest

Well it's because people hide in houses and smoke bombs are dumb too, another thing is because there's only like 20 people to fight, the same people, the same luna, the same spells and the same bull**** drama, i've seen and hear 25-40 year olds cry and hop on the band wagon. Feels like i'm in middle school again. But mainly that there's so few people, I don't like paying 13 bucks a month to have fun 30 mins a night when people come out of the houses.

Steve, we'll see how Darkfall is. I'm going to get on WarHammer. Darkfall isn't coming out for awhile still, it hasn't even released it's beta. So Cya guys, was nice playing with some of you. ~Erik

37. GoodGuy

GoodGuy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

and MAYBE you wouldnt of died to us like a chump if you werent flagged on me trying to cast and kill me from inside the house, then happen to run 1 tile to far and get stuck outside and die before you even got off the porch steps.

that was hilarious, now run along and quit please!

38. Hef

Hef Guest

Just quit already :)

39. Rykus

Rykus Guest

I've been playing AoC for the last few months while waiting for DarkFall. I hit level 60 the other day (out of 80) and I think I'm going to close my account. There's quite a bit to like about it, but it's a grind just like every other class/lvl based game. I enjoyed my time playing AoC, but DF appears to be on the cusp of release, and it's fall outside, so I won't have much free time until it starts snowing. :)

The population seems to be way down from even 2 months ago, and many of the people in my guild have left to go back to WoW, or going to WAR. Some are hanging on waiting for DarkFall, but there seems to be very few who are just sticking around because they love AoC, and plan to be there for a long time.

$.02

40. Goron

Goron Guest

[​IMG]
    interesting... There were ten of us, and I have ten k0c bars up... But why are you guys in the house?

41. rieley

rieley Guest

Brightest Blessings my friend

42. razic

razic Guest

LOL!!! You really think i name changed cuz i owe you money!
    Wow, your more of a chump then i first thought...

BTW i hope speedy told you about all the money he got from me :)

43. KVJ

KVJ Guest

Im sure that was the reason... I mean why else change your name? You have bad blood with that name. And I hope he ripped you off. Cause you deserve that since you said in PM you would pay me 5 mill, but yet I still don't see any checks. But that's ok, we killed you in Blighted and Fudd let me loot all your artifacts, scrappers, bright sight lenses, quiver, etc. So I'm slowly getting it back. But keep trying the dismount method, hope that works for you. And I was always cool to you guys in TO, it's just you and your GM are greedy and needy.

44. razic

razic Guest

.... Or, just an idea here...
    I may have name changed since that was the name on the acct. when i got it and didnt care for the name but who knows...

And i spent 6m with speedy and had no problems at all with him.
    Thx for the concern tho...

45. KVJ

KVJ Guest

Yeah but I'm sure you didn't duel him for 6 mill. Seems you don't like to pay up when you lose to duels. It's all good anyways, I own you regardless.

Gary, Indiana FTL.

46. razic

razic Guest

Yeah, i fail as a mage.
    NBD.

And you know were about 9 hours from Gary right?
    Lol
    F***ing novice.

47. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I'm almost willing to give the titty baby 5 mill myself just to stop his crying.

48. razic

razic Guest

Don't do that! I enjoy a good laugh when he starts crying :D

49. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

He is rather amusing at that.