1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Yesterday

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Candy Cane, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Candy Cane

Candy Cane Journeyman

I had a disagreement with Apollyon about his contest to make luna pretty. I am fine with the contest they do make the game interesting. I myself joined in on the Great Bear hunt and had lots of fun even as a Newbie. My disagreement with him is about his reason to make luna pretty that it will make people want to come to Siege and stay.

The reason people will want to come to Siege and stay is all of you. Its the people. Katt's idea to invite people from other shards for coffee is a very good idea, not the coffee so much but inviting them to come here and meet all of you.

Apollyon, Alt, Vinny, Charles, Bo, Katt, Rico, Sara Dale, Pie, Silent, Igg, Freja, GarthGrey, Dionysis, Victim, HoldenCaulfield, TRU, and Fear..whatever the rest of his name is "Get off my Lawn" you guys are the reasons people will come and stay. I am sorry I know I missed some important people, but give me a break its early and I am new.

If new people will come and read Gen Chat or join Charles's Siege Vent they will see how great Siege can be. The help you each give in your own way, by giving away suits, spots for houses, information, offers of gold, taking Newbies hunting, chatting in Gen Chat and even pking, thats what people will love about Siege.

Okay I am done for now, Apollyon this is not an attack on you personally, your contest is fine, I just don't think it will make anyone want to come and stay on Siege. This is not a place to hang out like on other shards at Luna Bank. Siege is a place to be lived, to go out into the woods, to hunt and survive.

#1 Candy Cane, Feb 22, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
    Kat, Uvtha, Becca and 9 others like this.
  2. ApollyonSP

ApollyonSP Seasoned Veteran

No offense, but I really don't care about negative opinions, and the contest will go on with or without you. I'm certain that at least a few will be swayed by the reward prize (50 million gold pieces and items divvied among the winners). And furthermore I'm certain that after the contest is finished, Siege Perilous population will increase in the long run, causing more people to switch shards or attract new players.

And your argument is really, really weak. This shard doesn't need players, at all, to attract people. Sometimes people want to play on a shard with ZERO population. That can be a positive, alluring draw, as much as a high population with thousands of players.

So, you're wrong, and you're wrong twice.

HA HA NEENER NEENER NEENER!!!!!

3. Charles

Charles Adventurer

4. Kattasrophe

Nothing But Trouble

okay okay I know coffee not the most best of ideas but if you have ever been to one of my events you will find nothing ever goes according to plan :) Theres always a little extra surprise or something taken out or its just a complete mess.. Never fear.. the creative Katt is here!

Tyrath likes this.
  5. Tyrath

Tyrath Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Sure you do or you wouldn't always be offering them ;)

6. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I don't think anyone thinks otherwise really. I mean good on him for trying, and not to be a downer, but honestly no individual player run event, regardless of how grandiose, is going to make a noticeable impact on shard pop. Like many others have said before the likely reason numbers are down on siege is because numbers are down across the board. It's the simplest explanation by far.

And really a luna housing design competition is about as limited as you can get for an event, especially for new players, and the notion that a (hopefully) nice looking luna will draw in a significant number of new players is to be kind is not reasonable.

Add to it his frankly childish behavior... not a great combo. More power to him though, i'd love to eat my words.

Kat and Bo Bo like this.
  7. ApollyonSP

ApollyonSP Seasoned Veteran

Surprise surprise, SP players, lots of negative thoughts and doubts abound!!!

And anybody wonders why the numbers are down? That's the true reason, it's all this negativity. There are only a couple or few truly positive people on siege perilous. You can count them with one hand, not two.

I mentioned this in the Vet Problem thread. But it applies elsewhere too. Positivity seems very rare. I will change this, of course.

8. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Rainbows and unicorns and cotton candy for all!!!...la

Kat and Victim of Siege like this.
  9. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

COTTON CANDY FOR SOME... MINIATURE AMERICAN FLAGS FOR OTHERS! *ya!*

10. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Keep fightin' negativity with delusion buddy! Keep up the good fight! :D

:mylittlepony:

11. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

I'll agree with this. I came back to UO a couple months back all enthused to play the game again, and after two months of reading Uhall to find out what has changed while I was gone, I'm having to work at getting myself to log in to do anything more than tend plants.

People here in these forums, pancakes, moaning, complaining, and threatening to close their accounts as the normal thing, are certainly making sure anyone who does decide to try out this old game will promptly write it off and move on to the next game on their list of possible games to start playing. After all, it's obvious from what you read here in these forums that the dev team is <every negative possibility known to man> and can't get <any aspect of this game> right , and that this game is going to die soon because of it.

I think the only way to have any enthusiasm for this game is to stay away from Uhall.

12. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

He isn't complaining about UHall...he blames the vets of Siege. It's our fault that the population is so low. It's our fault nobody wants to play with us. It's our fault nobody wants to buy a house in Luna...la

13. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

<laughs> What I get for reading the forums before the caffeine soaked in. :mf_prop:

I don't see much problem with Siege other than not being able to bring my 14 characters from Chessie here with all their gear, moving in completely.