1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Yomotsu mines

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Bullseye_of_Atl, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Since just about day one of the Tokuno release, the yomotsu mines have had little piles of gold dropped randomly throughout......anyone know why?

At first, I thought they were by stealable locations, but many are not. Then I thought it was for somone to see if anyone has come through, by picking up the gold.
    Were talking, a pile of 34 or 28.......a real headscratcher.
  2. T-Hunt

T-Hunt Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Apr 15, 2003
    Its put down as bait by the monsters that live there..

Waiting for someone to stop and pick it up...

Then BAM! your theres....

Actualy i have no clue , but have noticed in the Abyss and few other places lately..
    That were a creature dies a pile of gold is left there..
  3. It's just something random the Devs threw in. Why? No one knows and probably never will since all of the Devs that were around for SE are gone now....
  4. Mitzlplik_SP

Mitzlplik_SP Guest

Oh NO`s! Whatever will we do!? /facepalm

I don`t think the gold has any ryme or reason,just one of those lil things that make UO,UO.

Maybe piles of gold on the ground is something that dungeon needs to draw visitors since theres no real reason to go there except for the fire bug.
  5. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Wilki is still here. Wasn't he here for SE?
  6. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Aug 23, 2008
    I suspect the Yomotsu mine is in fact a gold mine and so on occasion, you'll find gold that has been dug up by the Yomotsus.
  7. longshanks

longshanks Guest

still a good place to train a pet if you dont have the ability to dig up a shadow ele.