1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

You can damage your own boat?

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by archiv, Dec 25, 2010.

1. archiv

archiv Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

So after a couple weeks of foraging up materials to put some cannons on my boat, make some cannon balls and charges I was finally ready to try to take on one of the pirate boats and check out what all the excitement is about.
    I brought a partner along with the intent of having them operate the cannons while I drove the boat, however I was unable to give them access to anything. Part one failed. Instead they kept fire ele's up as targets for the goblins while I rammed the boat and fired the cannons as fast as I could.
    Using heavy cannon balls at point blank range I noticed a message saying something along the lines of taking 50000 damage. Followed by you've been skuttled. I kept firing and got the same message a couple times and it always went along with my cannons going off. As the pirate sailed off I got to wondering, did I scuttle myself?
    Anyone else encounter this?

2. They Call Me Al

They Call Me Al Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I've had the same problem. The only time I've noticed it happening is when I'm in contact with the boat next to me. It's almost as if the cannon fodder bounces off the enemy ship and destroys your ship. Your best bet is to stay atleast 2 tiles away. I haven't had any problems with ricochet at that distance. Also, if you make "emergency repairs" on your boat, you can not fire any cannons. If you do, you will scuttle again.

The best way me and my group have found to kill pirates is to have 2 ships follow the same pirate, once you get it to stop for a second, place row boats from each ship to "blockade" the pirates escape routes. You can then back off a couple tiles and fire away.

Hope this helps.

3. BluDjinn

BluDjinn Journeyman

Humm....Just wondering if this method of blocking in the pirate ship would be considered the same as blocking the path of monsters with objects.
    If so it could be an offence of game rules and get you banned.

I applaud your ingenuity though!

:party:

4. archiv

archiv Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I would see this method more as blocking the escape of an enemy since it's multiple players (I'm assuming) on multiple boats. Kind of a flanking maneuver of sorts.
    To my original question, I did try staying away from him and didnt receive any damage so touching the boat may have been the problem. Or may have just been a bug with that boat.

Thanks