1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

"You cannot lock that down!"

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Cogniac, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Just bought some eggnog from the Atl rares thread a little ways down, and when I tried to lock it down, I got that message. Anyone have any info on this particular predicament?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Eggnog is older than locking things down, it's a newbied xmas item, and if you leave it on the floor for a few seconds it will decay very quickly. I think there's a way to get around the whole locking newbie items thing, but can't remember the details from the thread I read about it. =/

3. Guest

Guest Guest

It is "newbified" or blessed, without being marked as such. There were numerous items over the years that had the same issue... Spam, certain champagne flutes, etc. They could never be locked down outside of a container.

4. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I knew it was from 1997, just hadn't thought about the "before lockdowns" thing, which is a true statement. You'd think they'd retroactively add that to items or something.

5. Nails Warstein

Nails Warstein Rares Festival Silent Auctioneer
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Patron Ultima Broker

try locking it down inside a christmas bag, and set the bag to anyone so people can see whats inside the bag, thats the only way I know it works.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

I was just going to say my Nice Xmas Bag from 97 is locked down inside of another container in my house and everything inside of the Bag then shows as locked down. that makes me feel better cause I was wondering how I was going to display my coal! Anybody on GL or Sonoma have a Naughty Bag for sale?

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Or you could buy my nice ice blue bag called "eggnog". Was a bag I received a prize in and never noticed the mislabelled part til after.

Currently holding well...my eggnog.

8. Dreamlore

Dreamlore Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I was just going to say my Nice Xmas Bag from 97 is locked down inside of another container in my house and everything inside of the Bag then shows as locked down. that makes me feel better cause I was wondering how I was going to display my coal! Anybody on GL or Sonoma have a Naughty Bag for sale?

[/ QUOTE ]

hardly any legit coal nowdays from that stack of ingot bug explot hmm 2-3 yeers back??

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Not coal ingots, actual coal ore with the 'Coal" label, and like what has laready been said..What hasn't been duped?

10. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

<font color="purple"> my eggnog is blessed, says so, and it locks down... anyone know where that came from? thanks </font>

11. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Maybe someone applied a bless deed to it and that re-initializes it so it can be locked down? Not really sure.